“Good seafood on the boardwalk”
Review of Park Seafood

Park Seafood
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Seaside Park
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

My friends and I got some delicious, fresh seafood on the boardwalk in Seaside. Best meal I’ve ever had on the boardwalk in Seaside. There’s no inside seating and no servers. You have to order at the counter and there are picnic tables outside.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I dined here for lunch yesterday with a couple of friends I haven't seen in decades. My mouth was watering for a fish taco and I believe I picked the right place. The flounder taco was excellent, nice and crispy texture and balanced just right with tomatoes, salsa, etc. Drinks were cold and the service was very good. Nights here at this restaurant must be gorgeous as our table had excellent views of the boardwalk, ocean and large ferris wheel. Will definitely return next time I'm in Seaside Heights!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I have written in other reviews that each New Jersey shore town has its own personality, ranging from conservative and subdued to loud and honky-tonk. Seaside Heights boardwalk is probably the loudest and most honky-tonk of them all. More laid-back Seaside Park is just to the south, but the Seaside boardwalk extends part-way into Seaside Park too, making it part of the Seaside boardwalk scene too, and that is where Park Seafood is.

A friend gave me the key to his Seaside Heights shore house and said “Use it any time.” I took him up on it this weekend. It was just two days, so I didn't want to stock the refrigerator. There's lots of different boardwalk junk food, so I wouldn't go hungry.

So, there I was, walking down the boardwalk, wondering “What kind of junk food should I have for dinner?” Pizza? Cheesesteak? Both too ordinary. Italian sausage sandwich? Too spicy. Fresh-cut french fries and fresh-squeezed lemonade? Where is the nutrition? And everything on the boardwalk is way overpriced.

Then, approaching the end of the boardwalk, I saw it … Park Seafood. It looks like an ordinary kiosk-stand in the middle of the boardwalk, but, looking at their menu-board, I noticed two things … First, the menu items sound like what I would find in a fancy sit-down seafood restaurant. But there are no tables or tablecloths or servers … just sit on stools at the counter running around the stand. And second, the prices are also like what I would expect in a fancy sit-down restaurant, and not at all like a boardwalk stand. What is this place? I think I'll give it a try.

I see they have a lobster roll on the menu. I've had lobster rolls in New England, and that sounds like something nice to have on the boardwalk on a hot summer evening, so I order a lobster roll.

They also have “Fresh Cut Potato Chips” on the menu. Thinking of fish and chips, where the “chips” are what Americans would refer to as french fries, I ask “Are these 'chips' in the British sense of the word?” “No,” the counterman says, “they are potato chips.” He explains that they are fresh cut into long strips and then fresh-fried. OK, I think, I'll try them. “Medium or large?” the counterman asks. $5.00 for a medium and $6.00 for large. I'll take medium.

The “Fresh Cut Potato Chips” come first. I've never had anything like this before. Its a BIG pile of chips on a foam plate. (Good thing I didn't order the Large.) They are all intertwined in the frying process, so you have to break off a few to eat them. I think I could make them at home by slicing thin strips of potato with a vegetable peeler. Very tasty.

Next, the lobster roll. It is bigger than what I've had in New England … on a crispy hoagie roll about 9 inches long. I thought at first that it was made with rice, but maybe that's just very little bits of lobster. Instead of the lobster salad being made with mayonnaise, the contents are warm and very buttery, includes some little bits of what I think is red and green peppers, and the butter soaks into the roll and softens it.

Here's Park Seafood's business model … serve very good seafood like you would find in a fine-dining seafood restaurant, but serve it at a counter on foam plates and with plastic forks, and charge full restaurant price. There is no ambiance (except very pleasurable talk with other nearby customers about what we are eating). I can't really complain about anything, except that $19.00 for a light dinner served at a boardwalk stand seems a bit high. Still, I would come back again, and I give Park Seafood 4 stars.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Food was pretty awesome! I had the scallops and they were perfectly cooked, and not greasy like you you would think to find on the boardwalk.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

On a muggy summer evening after a long day at work, we were looking for something simple and delicious. Boy did we find it here at Park Seafood in Seaside Park. I remember the seafood restaurant near The Sawmill before the infamous Seaside Park boardwalk fire and ecstatic they returned. My fiancé loves, and I mean loves her seafood and what a place. The menu at first glance is simple but once you begin to digest it, it’s quite extensive. So many great choices for more than one trip here.

As we were digesting the menu, the gentleman asked us if we had any questions. The only one that came to mind was “what’s the freshest today?”. To our amazement, he said everything because they do not have a walk-in fridge or cooler so everything is fresh every day and once they sell out of something, oh well and it must have been popular.

Once we finally came to an agreement, we submitted our order at the register. Our evening feast started out with six (6) of the largest, freshest oysters we’ve had in a long time. Followed by four (4) each of their coconut shrimp and Cajun shrimp. Each simply prepared with a remoulade sauce for the Cajun shrimp and a raspberry preserves for the coconut shrimp. We initially thought of only ordering one (1) entree but thankful we ordered two (2). The blackened red snapper and the mango mandarin orange grouper. Both dishes came from their “grilled” menu and served with what appeared to be a bottomless mixed green salad and balsamic dressing. Not to be out done by a large fresh squeezed lemonade to refresh us.

The blackened red snapper was seasoned and grilled to perfection. A large and fresh filet that glistened on the inside flesh. The mango mandarin orange grouper had a beautiful sauce with the right amount of heat to temper the sweetness of the sauce. Not remembering the grouper was grilled came as a pleasant surprise on our first bite. That beautiful grill flavor came through and a welcome flavor profile.

While we were waiting for our dishes and enjoying our meal, we were sizing up the rest of the menu for our next trip back to Park Seafood.

Keep in mind as I mentioned above, everything is fresh every day. So get there early as to not miss out on their delicious seafood options.

We’ll be back.....