“LOVE THIS PLACE INSIDE AND OUT”
Review of PJ's Place

PJ's Place
Description: 5 star dining at 2 star pricing Great Seafood, Steaks, Chicken, and Italian Come see us Saturday and Sunday for our new Seafood Brunch Stop next door at Surf Liquors to add something to our fresh squeezed juices or virgin bloody mary
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Don't be fooled with PJ's appearance. It is a nice gem that you might not expect with the quality of food with the outside picnic table and checkered table cloth. The food was great from apps salads and the main courses. The service is on the mark and another great thing is BYOB. That saves you some $$ but overall one of our favorites right off the boardwalk.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We’ve been eating at PJ’s for several summers now and have yet to have a bad meal. We love to sit outside in nice weather on their patio. The paella is amazing! We’ve even been for breakfast where my 7 year old swears they have the best pancakes in town. The menu for breakfast is limited but what they offer is all good. This is a BYOB establishment but if you forget to plan ahead there’s a liquor store right across the street. They also don’t take reservations and it is a small place so be prepared to wait on weekends when it’s busy. I would highly recommend check it out.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

In town for a beach weekend we stopped here for dinner one night. When you look at the restaurant from the street, it's a little deceiving...it looks like a little fast food joint. Once inside, you still get that vibe until you open the menu. WOW! Lots of options! Our table had three different seafood entrees. All were absolutely delicious! Excellent service! We will be back again on our next visit!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Restaurant goers beware! This doesn’t not even deserve a 1 start but I was forced to choose as the minimal!

Family walked up and the staff ( 2 men) immediately checked my family out! It was just my husband daughter and daughters bff! There was no greeting ! The waitress was a very sweet & attentive foreign girl. We orederd our food ! Issues - my daughters and I get the same exact thing let’s focus on the home fries ! They already had ketchup on them ? We asked for well done - they were soft and again were cooked in ketchup ? Yuck !

Husband had scrambled & his home fries were the Same! We don’t even use ketchup !?! I like my potatoes plain as the rest of my family ?!

My guest gets a dirty bagel ? Half inch of butter on bagel and scrambled eggs with taco cheese unmelted ?! Yuck in addition to that I asked if she could only get scrambled eggs , bagel and a side of BACON we all asked for a side of bacon ! We never got ! I advised the waitress of everything and she was so apologetic! The manager there was cocky with me until I came back in with my husband . ( we were seated outside where we also got chewed up by horeseflies the entire seating)

I don’t know what happened to this place but my neighbors at the hotel I am staying at told me there food was 2 out of 10 ! I told them they’re breakfast was amazing ! They commented that’s what they were told too but it was gross !

Don’t eat here ! It must be new owners because the service from the door to the food and taking responsibility was poor. Can you believe after we cleaned up and walked away from the table they offered to cook bacon ?

Never again.

I’d also like to add the waitress was refusing our tip because it was such a bad experience. It was not her fault so we insisted she kept it and went on our way !

Not a place to take your family !

1  Thank Vanessa G
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Did not know it was BYOB. But you can go across the street and buy alcohol and bring it into the restaurant. Out door seating on the picnic table was a little rustic and we had to share our table with another couple. They were very nice. But it was alittle uncomfortable because we had to eat in front of them while they were waiting and then when we got to talking they had to eat in front of us because we were fiished. The out door seating is right next to the garbage and did not smell to good in the heat.