All reviews lincoln tunnel the bus new york shuttle service times square free breakfast outdoor pool the holiday inn yogurt free parking breakfast room into nyc port authority public transportation per person late at night hotel shuttle
Reviewed 3 October 2018

My family wanted to save a little money and visit NYC but stay in Jersey. We found the Holiday Inn Express - North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel. It is walking distance from a bus stop that takes you across the bridge right into NYC. And this location worked well for us. Parking, if we had had a car, was free.

The hotel price was reasonable. It was about $135 a night after taxes. It included free breakfast and the food was good, but the dining room itself had horrible acoustics and when it filled up with guests it was overpoweringly loud.

The rooms were fine. Clean, though the first room we got a key for the deadbolt was on so we couldn't open the door. We have to go back down 5 floors to the front desk to get a new key and room assignment. The halls/walls/doors were thick enough to keep out most noise. In our room there was a coffee machine but zero coffee cups or pods. The next day when they did up our room they filled it with only decaf coffee pods! The beds were comfortable.

We were a little sad there was no indoor pool and it was way too cold to swim outside in the outdoor pool which was closed anyway because of the weather.

We always watch HGTV when we travel, it's our guilty pleasure as we don't have cable at home. It was available. We didn't really check what other channels there were, but the TV worked fine. Wifi was inconsistent. Sometimes it worked well, others not so much.

Water pressure was fine in the shower and we had sufficient towels and toiletries.
As far as front desk staff, I found no real fault with them, they were helpful enough. Check-in and check-out were good and we did get a little map of how to walk to the bus stop.

Overall we thought this place was ok, but the initial check in to the room experience and the lack of real coffee was very disappointing. The location worked out quite well.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Hi jelico8,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is nice to read that you appreciated our location, staff, and cleanliness. I am also pleased for the high rating you gave to your sleep quality.

I'm sorry to read about the issues you had with the Wi-fi connectivity, noise, and the door locks. We aim to be able to support you in your journey to success and your comments value to us. I have shared your comments with our maintenance team. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take the appropriate steps to improve.

Thank you for being our guest and for the three out of five stars rating, we hope to earn those extra two stars with your next visit.

See you soon,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I have stayed here before and the experience was quite good...this time, not so much.

Our latest stay was for 4 nights in August. Location wise is great, a short ride into Times Square by bus. I will admit that some of the people at the front desk went out of their way to ensure an incredible stay while others were less than helpful.

It was acceptably clean however, as a room of five, we needed to ask for an extra set of towels every single day. You'd think they would restock with the same amount they removed each day.

The breakfast was always good.

At checkout, I was over charged by almost $300 and did not notice until we were home and I cross referenced my credit card statement with the price on my reservation confirmation. After repeated calls to the hotel provided no explanation, I called IHG direct and the issue was solved within 48 hours.

IHG customer service was great. Service regarding this issue at the hotel level was completely non existent and I will never return to this hotel.

Hello John C,

Thanks for staying with us again! We love our hotel's location, and I'm glad you did, too. It's nice to know that you also enjoyed breakfast. It's always thrilling when our guests are pleased.

I understand that it was hit and miss on the service, especially with billing. I'm sorry for your troubles. We will ensure that the entire team is addressed to avoid any unlikely incident.

We hope that this experience will not stop you from considering us again for another stay.

Regards,

Anna R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The Good: The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. There was a variety of food to choose from for breakfast.
The Bad: We chose this hotel because of its close proximity to the city. There was public transportation available but the neighborhood was sketchy so we used the private bus service recommended by the staff at the front desk. The cost of the private bus varies between $10 or $12 a person roundtrip. And you have to tell the bus driver in the morning what time you will be returning. If you chose the 11pm bus and missed it you would have to find another way back. On our last night there we arrived at the bus stop at 10:20 and were the first people there. When the bus arrived at 11pm there were 30 people or more and a small bus arrived that could only seat about 20. I tried to get on the bus and was first to step up to the door but the driver picked who he wanted and took off. He ignored the rest of us and wouldn't answer any questions. This started an argument with those stranded and left us wondering if we were stranded. We called the bus service number and they were able to confirm that another bus was on it's way but didn't know what time it would be there. What made it worse was that we had sick child.

Also I want to add that while we were there the tax rate when up and even though I prepaid online I was still expected to pay an additional few dollars. I didn't mine paying the few but the hotel staff could not break change for a $5 bill! They wanted exact change which I thought was ridiculous.

The elevator was very small and had a funky odor to it.

Overall: I personally would not stay here again. I hated using the overpriced private bus service but I didn't feel safe taking my family through a rough neighborhood to use the public transportation. Keep in mind it takes 45-60 minutes to the drop off point in NYC from the hotel depending on traffic and how many hotel stops he makes. Also if anyone pays with a credit card for the bus he takes you to another hotel to complete the transaction which makes for an even longer ride.

Room tip: I would chose the 2nd floor if you don't mind steps. Plus the ice machine, soda machines, and gym are located on that floor.
3  Thank angelabT6715ZI
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Angela,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. First, we'd like to apologize sincerely for aspects of your stay that fell short of meeting your expectations. The safety of our guests is paramount to us and we regret that you felt uncomfortable in our surrounding area. Your comments will be discussed by our team in order to continue improving. It saddens us to hear that you'd refrain from returning, despite our clean, comfortable accommodations and tempting variety of breakfast options. We value your input and hope you'll consider choosing us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Agree with other reviews that the staff was unwelcoming and do the minimum work needed. Front desk gave us attitude for asking for an extra towel and wash cloth every night (we had 4 guest and they would only give us 3 of each.). Teach your staff to manage reservations properly when we register for 4 expect us to want 4 of each.). is The cleaning service doesn’t really clean. The floors haven’t seen a vacuum ever. We found another guest’s,from previous stay, water bottle under the bed skirt. The room had cracks, needed painting and if you plan on charging your phones good luck as the outlets can’t keep a plug in. Maintenance...when they use a pin to fill in where letters fell off the emergency warning signs as well as arrows for room locations is just wrong! Air Conditioner took over 24 hours to actually cool the room and refrigerator was turned way low and took forever to cook anything and the freezer part didn’t work.

We picked this hotel for the free parking and had a shuttle. The amount of time and cost you pay it is worth staying in the city and pay the parking.

Pros: NONE
Cons: Waste valuable time in transit to NYC.
Overall place is extremely poor condition and an embarrassment to the Holiday Inn Express name. Stay in Holiday Inn Express very often and never seen one this bad.
***No cancellation Policy...I am sorry this place has no right for this rule when they are serving poor quality. We knew this rule and since all of our other stays at Holiday Inn Express has been very pleasant we didn’t think we had to worry.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank kjtravels2
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback about your visit with us for your trip to the New York City area. We are sorry your stay was not what you anticipated it to be. Please accept our apology that only three towel sets were left in your room for your party of four. Also, we are sorry if our team provided you with anything less than friendly and helpful service and that you had an issue with the cleanliness and condition of your room. We will be sure to share your review with our team to help us improve. We wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel pictures are deceiving, the building is remodeled to become poor hotel rooms, some rooms has a very narrow entrance due to structural columns projecting in the room the rest are very old fashion , low in every thing around you. I felt pain for being there with my family and stuck for three nights since the full payment was withdrawn.The reception was improper without any kind of greeting?
I had to go back and fourth to the reception to change the rooms due to bad smell and narrow entrance. The reception staff response was negative and they requested to increase the room rate ( bargaining) to replace the poor improper rooms to an acceptable ones!!.
We did not have the options clear otherwise we shouldn’t stay at that hotel.
The hotel building is old transferred to a poor hotel even elevators are smelly . The rooms vary in space and shape. The staff that i came across at check inn, in my opinion , do not qualify to represent IHG.
The location is next to a main road.
I do not recommend this hotel , there are much better holiday inn hotels in the area far better in quality, location and value. Choosing this hotel was a blunder and embarrassing to me.
I will make my self available to the management to respond to any further details for the best improvements.

Date of stay: July 2018
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you for notifying us about your recent visit, we take all feedback very seriously as it is an important part of our improvement efforts. We're sorry that our rooms didn't meet your expectations, and apologize for the odor you encountered. Also, we're sorry for the frustration you experienced when speaking with our staff. We'll speak with our team right away to address the concerns you mentioned. We appreciate the chance to be your host and truly hope you'll give us another chance to do better in the future.