Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews duck state park bed and breakfast golden eye new jersey perfect hosts hiking trails watch the birds carriage house homemade cookies electric fireplace common areas each morning a wonderful stay home away from home sussex county antique shops
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2019 via mobile

Beautiful place a little off the beaten path. I unexpectedly had to stay in the area and this was available for a mid-week night and everything went smoothly. Solid wifi. Very friendly hosts. Tasty and accommodating breakfast. Winds knocked out the power during my stay, but Maryann was very good about communicating with me about it while I was out to dinner. Would definitely return if I have the opportunity!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
WoodenDuckOwners, Owner at Wooden Duck B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words. What a storm huh! The entire east coast was hit that evening. Thank goodness for our generators even though the main power was back in an hour or two. Many people were not as lucky that night. We appreciate your visit with us and look forward to your return. Jason and Maryann, Owners

Reviewed 6 October 2019

ur daughter was married at Perona Farms on June 2, 2019. The groom's family is from the Chicago area and around the US so we were looking for accommodations for them. Although we are from NJ, we live about 45 min from the venue so when I discovered the Wooden Duck Inn (recommended by Perona Farms!) I suddenly got the idea for ALL of us - bride and groom and immediate family and bridal party to stay together at the Wooden Duck Inn. It is only a few minute drive to Perona and made our wedding weekend! I cannot say enough about the Inn and Jason and Maryann, the Innkeepers! It was such a special time for our families and friends to be able to spend time together in preparation for the wedding and for decompressing afterwards. The accommodations are beautiful - I just wish we had the time to enjoy everything that was offered. It made the weekend so much more intimate and special than staying at a hotel would have been. We would love to come back, just my husband and I, for a quiet weekend and to enjoy the area. Jason and Maryann are amazing hosts! Breakfasts were delicious, the Inn immaculate, comfy, private. I would give the Wooden Duck Inn 10 stars if I could! Definitely recommend! You will not be disappointed!

Date of stay: June 2019
WoodenDuckOwners, Owner at Wooden Duck B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly enjoyed having your family with us. Your review lets us know we are doing it right! Thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again. Jason and Maryann

Reviewed 5 October 2019

My husband and I spent a relaxing weekend at the Wooden Duck. The breakfasts were delicious and the inn keepers were very knowledgeable about the area. There is plenty to do within short driving distance and several great restaurants for dinner. The soaking tub was a very nice feature and the patio was a wonderful place to relax in the afternoon.

Date of stay: September 2019
WoodenDuckOwners, Owner at Wooden Duck B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2019

Thank you for your gracious words. We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to enter your thoughts online. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2019

We were in the area for a family wedding and instead of staying at one of the wedding hotel we decided to stay at The Wooden Duck Bed & Breakfast. Our family occupied 6 of the ten rooms and each room was wonderful. Although we were busy with wedding events the B&B had plenty to do including bikes, a pool, games and privacy if you wanted it.
There was always coffee, water, ice and soft drinks available and Mary Anne made cookies in the afternoon, which she served warm. The breakfast was by far one of the things we won't forget, it was the best. Everything was absolutely amazing. We look forward to returning.
Lorraine Wilde, Florida

Room tip: We stayed in the Golden Eye Room and it was perfect. Our family occupied 6 of the ten rooms and each room was wonderful.
Date of stay: September 2019
WoodenDuckOwners, Owner at Wooden Duck B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2019

Dear Lorraine, It was absolutely wonderful having your family stay with us this past weekend. Truly a pleasure. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 5 September 2019

Highly recommend the Wooden Duck to anyone who will be staying in or around Newton NJ. Innkeepers Jason and MaryAnn where highly accommodating and personable. Breakfasts were excellent with an excellent and tasty course of dishes, cakes, muffins, fruits, and sides. Accomodations, decor, and grounds are not only beautiful, but relaxing and full of wildlife! We highly recommend and if we are ever up in the area we will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2019
WoodenDuckOwners, Owner at Wooden Duck B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2019

Thank you! It was really wonderful meeting both of you. We can't wait for you to return to New Jersey for your next visit! Thank you for staying with us!