Reviews (2 086)
2 086 results
All reviews starlight restaurant gift shop park and fly free parking shuttle service on site restaurant near airport new york room was clean and comfortable stayed one night air train penn station airtrain nyc nj cruise
78 - 83 of 2 086 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

After a long flight from London we were looking forward to a good night sleep before we Departed the next morning to Detroit. We arrived at the hotel shuttle pick-up site at 10:10 p.m., and it seems we waited more than 45 minutes for a shuttle to arrive. Frustrated and tired, we watched shuttles from other hotels pick up guests and depart, and then a second shuttle arrive to pick up more guests...And we waited. And waited.

That said, reception at 11:15pm was pleasant and friendly, the room was clean, and the bed gloriously confortable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The first mistake was mine, because I got the wacky idea because it was near the airport train station I could walk over there to take the train into downtown Newark and back. Nope! I couldn't walk through the airport staff parking lots and their fences. Instead I had to get back on the AirTrain to P4 and take the hotel's shuttle. Sooo Lyft service for me the rest of the weekend. If you DO have a car, though, this might be a good budget option. It's definitely rough around the edges, the wifi is free but very weak, the door to my room was ajar when I arrived and there were no towels aside from a washcloth. (Maybe the door was ajar so housekeeping could deliver towels before I got there? And yes, I could've called for towels but I wasn't showering there so I ended up not bothering.) All that said, the lobby is great with a decent restaurant, a little takeout place and closet-sized tuck shop with snacks and various odds & ends. Also the shuttle is very good, and the bed was also. So weigh your options and know what you're getting into.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Valerie27
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I went to visit my sister and brother who were staying at this hotel. I will always start on a positive note. I met my brother at this hotel for breakfast. The breakfast was really good as well as the customer service. Its also very convenient to the airport. After breakfast we went to their hotel room. Walking down the corridors completely disgusted me. There was food on the floor, (all 3 days ). there were condoms left on their hotel room floor. The bathroom ceiling tiles were falling apart. My brother had to take bath towels and stuff them in between the tiles to cover ceiling tiles. The carpet was filthy, housekeeping needs to be "spot checked" . My brother stayed at this hotel for 3 days and the condoms remained on the floor the entire time. There are very unpleasant smells in the room and the corridors. The air conditioner had a very strong mold smell coming through it. BE AWARE! CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tanyaalston50
Reviewed 24 June 2018

My wife and I drove from Rochester, New York to Wyndam Garden, Newark Airport to spend the night before our cruise to Bermuda on 6-3-2018. When we walked into the hotel it was loaded with people at the check in counter. The lady at the desk was rude and of know help. When asked for a luggage cart she replied "check outside and good luck if you find one". Well we never found one and proceeded to our room. The elevator was old and filthy. I am 72 years old and I had to hand carry our luggage from the parking lot into the elevator. When we got to our room what a shock. The carpeting was filthy with holes from people smoking, light bulbs in the bathroom were out, and the hair blower did not work. This was Triple AAA recommended. What a mistake.

Room tip: Triple A recommended. What a mistake!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank hmsmith46
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Old and dingy! You feel like you are back in the 70’s. You get in room coffee but no cups to put it in.... good luck with that! I was impressed how quickly they got me a hairdryer at 6:00 AM since the one in my room almost caught fire!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business