“Fresh hot bread every hour ”
Review of Calandra's Bakery

Calandra's Bakery
Ranked #2 of 16 Bakeries in Newark
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Love love love Calandra’s. Their bread is always fresh and their pastries are delicious and unique. We love the home made ice cream and the cookies heavenly. The staff is very attentive. Parking is a bit challenging but worth it.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

There products are always fresh and delicious! I grew up a few blocks away from the bakery so we would walk there all the time for the cupcakes. It's as good as it was in the 80's.

1  Thank jerseygurl1
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Having grown up a number of years on Garside Street in the north ward of Newark, the classic standby such as Dickie Dee's Italian hot dogs and Calandra's Bakery are still there To let you know you can still remember and enjoy the good old days!

The Cannoli are crispy, this Sfogliatelle are flaky and the Taralles are crunchy... Equality in Tradition that scary through for many generations.

I suggest a single at Dickie Dees with mustard and ketchup, followed by some delicious pastries from Calandra's. That's a fine way to end a hard day at work... or the beginning of a relaxing weekend!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

So many pastries to choose from when we enter Calandra's Bakery. It took us at least 15 minutes to decide what to purchase. The store is so clean and inviting. All the young ladies behind the counters had smiles and were eager to help you decide.They even offered a taste of something if you were not sure what you wanted. I've eaten many rugelach pastries, but these were the best I've ever tasted. Flaky, soft pastry filled with raspberry filling topped with nuts. Not too heavy after a meal! Melt in your mouth deliciousness. Definitely will be back before I leave the area.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Born in Newark and raised in south fla. whenever my family and I come back we visit this bakery. The staff were super friendly. Prices are better than the overpriced Italian bakeries in south Florida.. and most of all delicious. Look forward to bringing my children here like my parents have always done with me.

Been to Calandra's Bakery? Share your experiences!