All reviews front desk nice courtyard on site restaurant the garden state parkway nice stay quiet location business trip room was spacious new jersey clean hotel shuttle service oak marriott wedding lobby nj bistro
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Courtyard by Marriott Montvale, NJ is a fantastic place to be while on tour with awesome rooms, friendly management and staff. Not to mention a great location. Very close to NY and many attractions. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I am a Marriott Rewards member and was paying for the room with my points.The room was just OK. The television was pretty old and many of the channels were not high definition i.e. analog signals. I wanted to spend my night there watching a game on Channel 3, Fox TV. That channel was not receivable in my room despite the hotel's "engineer" spending a lot of time and effort trying to fix it. It couldn't be fixed and they moved me to an adjacent room.

I then ordered room service for dinner. The restaurant in the hotel has a limited menu for room service, so I ordered a Cheeseburger, fries, cheesecake, and a beer. The hotel automatically adds an 18% service charge to the meal price. The beer could not be opened by hand and the restaurant refused to send an opener up. They said I had to come to the restaurant to get it opened. 10 minute walk roundtrip. When I get back to the room, I noticed no condiments, silverware, or napkin was provided. I made another 10 minute walk. The bar tender did not know what condiments were. I get back to my room and my key won't open the door. Another 10 minute walk for a new key. The meal was good except for the fries which were so overcooked they were inedible.

Would I stay here again? No and don't you either. If that's how that they treat a Rewards member, I wonder what happens if you're not a member.

Room Tip: Air conditioners make a lot of noise and continually cycle on and off.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This place is great. The rooms are clean, updated and very large. The staff maintains the property well and housekeeping does a wonderful job cleaning. The beds are very comfortable as well. If I ever go back to Montvale area I will definitely stay here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Up for a class reunion and the other hotel was full, which was a blessing as this place was much quieter and not far away. There was no trouble getting back and forth, the parking was easy and it was very convenient to the Garden State Parkway and the NY Thruway. Friendly staff, easy check-in and out, just the kind of place I like and a good price for the area.

Room Tip: Third floor in back
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Check-In on line so actual check in was very easy. Like every other hotel's on-line "requests" don't bother. Had requested extra pillows, did not get them until close to midnight after several calls. Besides that, the common areas are clean. Room was clean as well. The clouded glass on the bathroom doors do not afford much privacy. Bed was great if you like very firm beds. Front desk (Irene) was very nice at check in and was there again at check out. Did not try the restaurant. Good location off the Garden State.
If you have to stay in the area, this is an excellent option. Clean hotel/very good value.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple