Pig and Prince Restaurant & Gastrolounge Review
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Montclair's most exciting new restaurant, just opened in August
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had Easter brunch with my family. Food was outstanding. Great selection of various foods.. Dessert table outstanding. Our waiter was very helpful.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Chef is trying to be creative. Sometimes it is great food, sometimes it misses the mark. The space is beautiful and it has a liquor license (rare for montclair), but often feels empty even when it’s full of people. The space is nice and yet something is missing here in the energy but I can’t put my finger on it. One would think this place would be packed 24/7 with its like Tao restaurant like feeling but it’s not and i think if they tweaked the ambiance, it could be really successful.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I was very surprised this place only had a 3.5. I'm pretty picky and their brunch was excellent.

We got there just before 11 and were allowed to sit at the bar for drinks even though they don't open until 11. My mimosa was great and my partner's iced coffee beverage (one from the menu with rum et al) was inventive and tasty. We ordered some dense, tasty banana bread which was dripped with honey and had the most amazing honey butter alongside. I kept the extra to use later!

My partner had the breakfast poutine. The fries were excellent though he thought the gravy was too thick and there was only one egg on it. Not that great for him. However, my waffles with whipped cream and strawberries was delightful and the breakfast potatoes were delicious, made with shallots and sweet potatoes in addition to regular potatoes.

Staff was fine. Interior is lovely, very high ceilings. Ample free parking in lot next door.

We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner with my husband and another couple. The service was great and the food was outstanding! Our server was friendly and well versed with the menu selections. We had such an enjoyable dinner that I cannot wait to go back! Their sparkling rose was great too!!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I had a read an article in edible jersey a few years back on Montclair and decided to try out one of the restaurants with friends from the article. The pig and the prince did not disappoint. I had the bronzino as did one of our friends and we could not stop raving about how perfectly it was cooked and the cabbage with broccoli rabe in coconut milk that is was on top of was delicious as well. We also all loved the sirachi Brussels sprouts as a side dish.