Review Highlights
Nice for beginners, poorly run

Reviewed 21 February 2021
Gatts201
New York City, New York
via mobile
Charming small hill to learn!

Reviewed 28 January 2021
ameliacbsp

All reviews magic carpet snow tubing ski resort small hill learned how great place to learn great beginner teaching kids bring your own wait times beginner area beginners snowboarding lodge hiking season skills
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2021 via mobile

I took my daughter recently for her first time snowboarding. The mountain itself is great for beginners I just think they are overwhelmed with visitors this year due to a lot of us sticking to local travel. I would advise to get there early and rent your gear elsewhere if you can because that’s where I think most will find their problems. Enjoy and hope this helps. We had a great time overall!

Reviewed 17 February 2021

This is NOT a COVID-19 safe institution. They make every person sign a COVID waiver when you come in and don't even clean off the pens. They didn't even have a wipe when I asked for one to disinfect it. Attendees see people without masks on and allow them on the ski lift! Tons of people walked around without one. Unsafe and irresponsible!

1  Thank agur1009
Reviewed 17 February 2021

Similar to others who've posted here, I was unable to attend Campgaw due to the February 7 snow storm which made it unsafe to drive. I called and asked if they would be willing to make an exception to their cancellation policy and letting us reschedule.

The person on the phone understood and said 'probably, but let me check with my manager.' Surprisingly, the manager would not budge because, I was told, our 'non-transferable, no-cancellation policy is strictly mentioned on the website."

It's short-sighted for them. This was going to be our first experience of hopefully many for our family of four. And now, we won't be going ever.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 7 February 2021

I can’t speak to the quality of the skiing experience because I never made it to the hill. Heavy snow all day resulted in NJ authorities issuing advisories warning drivers to stay off the roads, so doing the safe and appropriate thing for myself and others I didn’t attempt the 45 minute journey to get my young son to his group ski lesson. Rather than being understanding about it and letting me change the date for free, Campgaw insisted on adhering to the full T’s & Cs and charging me $30 to reschedule. I understand the policy is reasonable if I didn’t have a good reason for not showing up, but how many others have been charged for the same reason on the day? Needless to say I cancelled and won’t be rescheduling at Campgaw any time soon.

1  Thank Q6512XSsimonh
Reviewed 28 January 2021

I learned to snowboard here when I was 8, and wouldn't change my experience or happy memories for the world! Campgaw is a great place to learn, and get your basic/core skills to prepare you for other mountains. Now, I go to Vermont, Colorado, Utah, and Oregon for boarding, and have competed in a bunch of races. But, I owe my love of snowboarding and basic skills to Gaw. Love coming back to visit.

Date of experience: January 2021