“I have been going to Nunzio's for over 60 YEARS!”

Nunzio's Pizzeria and Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 148 Restaurants in Long Branch
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pizza and more
Reviewed 29 April 2018

So I started going to Nunzio's shortly after they opened in 1953. My parents would take us there on Sunday nights. I would burn the roof of my mouth and did not learn to stop that for many years lol.

Moved away from the area 55 years ago but when I have a chance to go back, I do!

When the pizza arrived, true thin crust, we just smelled the pizza for almost 10 minutes. AHHHHH! See picture below and just imagine!!

The picture says it all, but the smell and then the taste, well it's as good as you get.

Snookie, there for 60 YEARS as a waitress, took great care of us. Lou in the kitchen actually went to school with my late brother and that made it even more special.

Thanks for a great memory and a great meal!! Promise to come more often than ever 25 years!!!

If you are within 100 miles and you are a true pizza guru, you have no excuse not to go for the best pizza. These folks spoiled me when I was a kid and I have paid the price my entire life. When you start with GREAT, it's hard to look at other pizza's the same. Enjoy!!

Date of visit: April 2018
3  Thank LiveGood

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This is a very good pizza place, but I certainly would not go out of my way to go there. It is clean and service is friendly, so if you are close by, try it for yourself. I wanted a Havaian pizza so Ir took a bit longer to make especially since I complicated my bings asking for a grandma pie.
I do love be pizza !

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 15 August 2017

NIce old style Italian restaurant and pizzeria in a store front setting that takes cash only..... Owner (Snookie) is friendly and waits the tables herself, staff is alert and attentive for drinks, bread etc... Several couples (regulars) seemed to just do a salad, pizza and drinks, turning the tables very quickly (35 minutes?). We did the entree dinners and they did not disappoint, cavatelli and broccoli in oil and garlic with sausage. My wife had the bowtie pasta with cauliflower and peppers in the same oil and garlic. Portions are reasonable size. We've had the pizza once before for take out and found it to be rather "doughy" for a thin crust pie. This is an area where there are several solid places for excellent thin crust pizza. We agreed to try the pizza again in the restaurant another time. They do move a lot of pizzas, especially to the 4 -5 big tables (10-12 peeps) in the center of the room. Overall, nice dinner and Snookie goes out of her way to make you feel at home.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank PartzUnknown
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I am a life long patron of this establishment who has been eating here at Nunzio's for 60 years and I visit it whenever I can. Recently I sat down with an old friend who really knows his food and we ordered a large plain pie. When it came, brought to us gleefully by Snookie (the original), we were mesmerized. Louie, her brother, crafted us a masterpiece of tomato pie goodness. The crispiness of the crust, the flavor of the sauce and the fact that your pie (your TOMATO pie) is not covered in cheese is what separates Nunzio's from any other pizzeria in the world. You are eating something incredibly delicious, unique and really genuine. I highly recommend Nunzio's for another reason: when you eat there you are treated like family. The food is served piping hot and does not leave the kitchen unless its right. I love the Chiafullo family, Snookie and Lou, who are two of the best people who serve some of the best food you will find. And remember to check out their other menu items prepared by Chef Fabio who can really whip up some incredible dishes you would not expect in a small, neighborhood place. Enjoy!

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Jack Bobby Lou M
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The pizza was delicious and this is a great place for families. The owner came to our table to say Hello.

Date of visit: July 2017