“Can't Beat the View, but the Food...”
Review of Taphaus Biergarten

Taphaus Biergarten
Reserve with OpenTable
Taphaus Biergarten is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 632 Restaurants in Jersey City
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Taphaus has a great view of Manhattan. If you want to go somewhere with a view for a drink, this may be your spot; for food however, I would suggest you find somewhere else.

The seating is picnic table communal style seating. While that is becoming more and more popular, I am not a fan of the lack of privacy and intimacy this style of seating creates. My husband and I were seated at a table close to the door and it was 30 degrees out. It was freezing. I ate my entire meal in my coat.

The menu and food was less than impressive. I had wings and they were just average. My husband had Mac and Cheese and it looked like it was right out of the box. The service was slow and every time we needed our server we had to literally flag her down.

This place was really crowded and not worth it. The drink menu is good, but for food, trust me, there are so many other options that are much better.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I wanted to sit on the water in JC and chose Taphaus from reviews. Waitress said no Cabernet, then no something else then no something else! One at our table had his egg brunch served after we were finished with our lunches. Service was terrible and they were not even busy and It was overpriced.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Really like this place - been here a number of times now. Good service (much better when seated at a table, it's super crowded at the bar due to its location and depending on the timing of course), Amazing view on the waterfront, really enjoyed our drinks & absolutely yummy truffle fries and great burgers.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Its a nice place with quick service and quality good. We had beer with chicken wings and calamari. Various brands of beer and drinks are available.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Visited here a few times for food and ale. Just stunning views across to NYC with great food and awesome selection of beer. What is there not to like. Woulld recommend if in this part of NJ.