Review Highlights
Not what I remembered

I visited the science center when my children were young some 25 years ago. I returned with my... read more

Reviewed yesterday
A208OVsusanh
Feel like a kid

Something interesting at every step. Went with my son he had a wonderful time. I was also... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
CelinaR39

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Jersey City
from US$75,00
More Info
All reviews all ages touch tunnel imax theater older kids hands on activities interactive exhibits year olds family membership great place for kids rainy day any age great exhibits lots of fun rock wall nj turnpike light rail hudson river
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This place is amazing especially for children. Has projects of all types so kids can have fun and learn about Science

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We are science nerds and were sucked in by the promise of "the largest planetarium in the western hemisphere." It isn't a planetarium. It's a standard Imax theater. We were so disappointed, especially after taking the subway to the Port Authority Terminal, then a bus to New Jersey, then the light rail to the LSC. Many of the displays were out of order. Those that did work were very basic, elementary school stuff. Go to the Hayden. There's really no need to go here and waste a day of your vacation.

Date of experience: June 2018
4  Thank Eric O
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I recent went to Liberty Science Center and did not feel its up to date. Many of the exhibits are primarily for kids. Its not a place for couples to go.It looks similar how it was 10-15 years ago. The IMAX dome can be can be good if you watch something that is thrilling and exciting. I went to watch the night sky and felt dizzy moving my head around multiple times left and right to follow the instructor.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Mathew6184
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Went to LSC with a friend to see the StarTrek exhibit towards the end of its run. Went on a Wednesday, and made sure to arrive after noon, towards the end of the day for the school field-trippers. Enjoyed the planetarium show and some other exhibits, the to see the Trek exhibit. (We had been tipped off by a worker that the last school thru would be done by then.). We almost had the exhibit to ourselves! Of course, by this point in time, some of the labels were broken and showing some wear, for this TOS fan, it was still fun. I loved the interactive presentation, with one’s personal certificate and “testing results” at the end. Not only for this exhibit—but for any adult or adult with child, wishing to avoid the crowds, consider visiting on a midweek afternoon. The LSC closed at 4PM that day, but it still leaves lots of time and opportunities to see and try many things.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank citikidhom
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We love a good science museum and Liberty Science museum is a pretty good one. A lot of clean fun displays!

We have a range of kids from 7-14, all of us have fun.

Date of experience: June 2018