“Old fashioned diner, average food”
Review of Skylark Diner

Skylark Diner
Ranked #6 of 325 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We met another couple for lunch. There is a rather large menu but nothing exciting or different. The service is good and the waitress took care of any needs quickly. I thought the food was okay. I had a sandwich, it had little taste. The Cole slaw was good. Their burgers are supposed to be good, maybe next time. I wasn't impressed this time.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

This is a consistently good diner. We have been here several times when visiting our family in NJ. The menu is large and the offerings go beyond typical diner food. Never been disappointed.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The food is okay, service is okay. I cannot eat here without getting sick. Have had hair on food once, won't go back.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

So, we traveled 45 minutes in the opposite direction of our 'Jersey Shore weekend' just to try out this diner. So glad we did! I knew that I would love the decor, but after reading the reviews, I was a little worried about the food, especially not being a diner fan. Our food was great! Hubs had the special of the day, a Quesadilla Burger Wrep, which he devoured. I opted for the Korean BBQ Burger with sweet potato fries. This was an awesome burger with the best bun. The sauce on it was hardly noticeable, which I think made it even better. I don't know if I have ever had a daikon radish before, but I am definitely a fan now, the crunch it brought to this burger was amazing! Great sweet potato fries too! So if you are like me and like the diner concept, but no so much diner cuisine, definitely give this place a try!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

One of the best diners in NJ, with a 50's Art Deco decor. I always order the blueberry stuffed French toast, which is absolutely delicious. The menu is huge. I took my friends here and everyone loved their dish. Usually crowded, this is not your typical diner but closer to a fine restaurant.