“Wow...what a change”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is not the place I remember growing up...what a change since the last few times going there...definately on the decline. My service the last two (2) consecutive times was horrible, and I am very understanding when someone is genuinely busy...but not hiding in the back or BSing with other staff. My eggs were not cooked over-easy, not even over-medium, but over-well....they were cooked so long there was barely a yolk left in my egg to dip my bread into, and I say bread beacuse it was toasted so light that room temperature butter could not even melt on it. My bacon was all over the place, parts wiggly and parts well done...not even consistent one way or the other.

If you can't cook bacon and eggs, you better be packing it in. Not sure what happened, but its a shame as this was a great place back in its day.

1  Thank Brosker

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Great old school diner. Had an egg cream and a club sandwich – both of which were excellent. Service was excellent and the other diners were very friendly. Packed on a Sunday at 3 is always a good sign, and people just came flooding in. Would definitely stop by again if in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We came here with friends after going to a late soccer match. Food is plentiful and reasonably priced but nothing stood out. I had a grilled chicken with pesto sandwich where the chicken was dry and the roll was not fully fresh. My wife had an omelet which was overrun with capers. She had to pull out at least 20 capers. The server said it was strange and spoke to the chef but no apology for a rather glaring problem. My son had the Nutella French toast which he thought was just okay.

Service was very friendly but I am not sure I would go back unless I was in the area. But then again, there are loads of restaurants in that area.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Iconic though it may be, the food is just adequate and the service was a bit slow, though the staff was very friendly. Didn't get a Sopranos vibe or anything of the kind. On other other hand, if it's a cold night, it's a big place and might give you a good place to stop for a hot meal and "eat" heavy before getting back on the road.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

After a long trip, opted for early breakfast. Ordered the egg special, asked for over easy, and you can see picture. Tasted good, coffee was fine, and was in and out in a reasonable amount of time. It s open 24 HRS, see sign. Actually had 3 maitre d's getting people to tables, and checked out. They 've been in business a long time, and I think I caught a lull, as parking lot became 1/3 full as I was leaving. If you haven t had their cheesecake, you re missing a taste experience. But I don t mix cake with breakfast.