Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Reviews (1 765)
1 765 results
All reviews indoor pool breakfast buffet ocean view across the street hot tub off season hotel restaurant main building coffee maker get away mid week private balcony king bed sun deck family vacation second floor new jersey
Selected filters
325 - 330 of 1 765 reviews
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We have been going to the Grand for 22 years. We have actually gone in April for Easter, May for our anniversary and beach front 5 k run, and July 2018 for family vaca. Everyone asks why Cape May, why the Grand? Simple family! Our oldest daughter had her high school graduation pics taken beach front in front of the Grand because it is our second home. What makes this place special STAFF! For all the years we return they are all there! Miss Christine in the gift shop is our adopted Gramma and a true Cape May diamond! Debbie Edwards, and John Sweeten at the front desk are impeccable meeting the needs of your stay short, or long! Reneta the head of house keeping goes above and beyond to make your room spotless. She makes sure staff are diligent in cleaning, and getting you in without an extended wait!Heather and Tom, and Gary can make any whimsical drink you wish with great love of their craft, try a side car by Gary highly recommended! Sean is great a managing all of your holiday and special events dinners/ brunch buffets so worth it try it! We also didn't want to leave out the maintenance workers/ pool staff who are also the same faces for 22 years plus! To have a loyal staff of a well oiled machine goes hand in hand with happy customers! So proud of our Grand also now offering beach cabana service with full menu delivery! What more can you ask for? We will again be returning in September to reunite with our Grand family, we urge you to try them out too! It will become your second home, and second family also!❤️Tracy, Grant, Ashley, and Chelsea Stackhouse

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Spent 2 nights on the worst mattress I ever slept on in a hotel. I had to go to the chiropractor twice while we were there. And may I mention that housekeeping had to change the sheets because I found a long black hair on the sheets ( I have short hair) Arrived on a Sunday afternoon and because of the pain I was in had to leave Tuesday at 1:00 PM after second chiropractor appointment. I could not sleep another night in that bed. I told front dest the problem and they suggested that maintenance could put a board under mattress. Now that was a joke! Requested a refund for next day and was told that the desk manager was not in yet and they would leave a message for him. We could not wait for him because we had a 6 1/2 hour drive with me in pain. I called after we got back home and the manager on duty said he would talk to his boss which was the hotel manager and get back to me. That was 2 weeks ago and no call. I read some of the reviews after my encounter with this hotel and some said they were very rude there. Now you know we left Tuesday at 1:00 and probably had someone staying in that room by 3:00 and also the next day. So they doubled their money on my expense. Shame on this management not to be considerate when a customer was in pain to not refund as least the next day. I do have to say that the room was nice but their towels looked dingy and ready to fall apart. Price of the room was not cheap.

Room tip: Check other hotels in ihe area first and get a better rate.
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank yucon4
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I got married at The Grand Hotel about two weeks ago so, I stayed in one of their bridal suites, which was excellent! A lot of my wedding guests also stayed at the hotel and everyone was satisfied with their rooms. We all stayed for two nights. I visited my dad's room and my brother and sister-in-law's room; both rooms were on the small side, but that's to be expected at a ocean front hotel. Both rooms were updated and were very nice! I read another review on here and the reviewer was upset that they had to pay more for an ocean view room...that is the case at any hotel on the water. If you need more room, The Grand Hotel also has efficiency condos that are two-stories. Our best man stayed in one of those with his family and they were also very happy with their stay. I think a lot of people stay here, who are not from New Jersey, and they do not understand how a beach resort town is run. I think they are expecting a five star hotel like a hotel in New York City. I'm from New Jersey and I have stayed at many hotels in Wildwood and Cape May and I feel that this is an excellent hotel in Cape May. The front desk staff, the wait staff, and the housekeeping staff were all friendly and accommodating.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank erinski20
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We booked a last-minute vacation to Cape May. The grand Hotel Cape May was only one of very few that had any vacancy. So we really didn’t have much of a choice. I know shore hotels tend to be quaint, old vestiges of yesteryear but the Grand Hotel Cape May is in dire need of some TLC. We booked two rooms - one of which was an ocean view-it was barely an oceanview. For three nights it cost us close to $3000 and it definitely wasn’t worth it. If you’re headed to the shore, make sure to plan in advance and skip this hotel. Hotel staff was super helpful and friendly but the hallways, rooms, common areas were musty, rusty and barely clean.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AmyL291
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Enjoyed our stay beginning with an early arrival and yes, our room was ready. Was hoping for an upgrade as I was there for both pleasure (birthday) and work. Writing an article about fun, self-care things to do in NJ.and would have included the property if the offer was made. In any event, our room was decent. No issues. Would have preferred to have beach access included in rate rather than having to pay separately. Recommend more staff monitoring of Jacuzzi as both times we attempted to use it there were children playing in it. Friendly staff, conveniently located to everything.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple