Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (1 160)
1 160 results
All reviews liquor store harry's restaurant rooftop bar across the street sun deck ocean view off season continental breakfast living room great vacation lounge chairs coffee maker get away third floor the location is perfect can't wait to go back beach
Selected filters
183 - 188 of 1 160 reviews
Reviewed 21 August 2019

So relaxing, quite and very clean. Pool was the right temperature and the food was great. I would definitely go back again with my family and friends. It was so close to everything and the liquor store right downstairs was another plus for me.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
dseraile, General Manager at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2019

Thank you for choosing the Montreal Beach Resort for your weekend getaway! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2019

Perfect place for a family vacation! It has everything kids and parents need. We loved it and will be back! The place was immaculately clean... The room, everything in the kitchenette, the sun deck, the pool area, the hallways, the lobby... everything was very clean and well kept. Colleen in the lobby was a peach! She had great advice, was helpful and sweet. There are a lot of perks for families... we had a small folding stool in our room that was great for little people, there's a kiddie pool and a big pool, the beach service rocks, the foot wash station (left side of office) was nice and open, it's super easy to get on and off the beach (they even provide the beach tags!) and the room was updated, including a fully equipped kitchenette with everything. As a family of four we loved putting our kids to bed in the entry room and being able to shut the door so that my hubby and I could still have the use of the whole rest of the place, especially the balcony overlooking the ocean and promenade. Win!! And even though the parking lot didn't have big, wide spots, we were thankful they welcomed us parking there several hours before check in and then staying long after check out. Plus, don't miss all the places that you get a discount around Cape May for showing your hotel room key! We love Coffee Tyme coffee and recommend them, too! :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mrs G
dseraile, Front Office Manager at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time out to share your wonderful feedback with us. Please come visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2019

I'm staying here right now and I can't even wait until I leave to give it a bad review. The parking here is a travesty. The spots are so tiny that the entire world has issues parking. The stairways and walkways around the rooms are dark and worn. The beds feel cheap. The beach towels they give you are embarrassingly old and thin and worn out. The pool is way too small to really enjoy yourself in. The rooms are dark. Finally last evening was the final straw. I was listening to the live music at Harry's the hotel restaurant. A waitress walking by to another table drops a plastic cup or ranch dressing or mayo or some kind of white creamy sauce off her tray without realizing it while she passes near me. The thing hits the ground and on impact explodes right on to my leg, my shorts and my wife's pants. After she put the food down at the table she walks back and sees what she's done, she says a quick, barely believable "sorry" before going right back to her whatever. There was no attempt to help us clean ourselves, or see if we needed a rag with club soda, and there was no offer of a free drink or food to compensate, and there was no checkback on us. It was the biggest buzzkill. I'm usually a great vacation planner. This place is the biggest mistake I can think of. I've been coming to Cape May for 10 years and this is the first/last time I'm staying here.

Also they have an "exercise room" where the only machine with weights is Out of Order and it takes a long time to get a drink at the outside restaurant bar. Also your balcony will have a ton of sand on it that nobody ever sweeps or cleans. I'd do it myself if there was a broom around. I think there's sand from the last 10 guests out there. Also this isn't the hotel's fault but there's no shower at the beach entrance near the hotel.

Just so nobody thinks I'm irrationally hating on this place, let me note the good parts. The food at this restaurant with this witch of a waitress is quite good. There's a 4th floor sun deck with very nice views looking south on Beach Avenue.

Room tip: The north end is near the pool/restaurant and there's live music every day. If you would like to hear that from your room, ask for it.
2  Thank Adventurer829106
dseraile, General Manager at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback. Since you are currently staying with us, we would like to discuss your concerns in person. If you could please stop by our Front Desk at your earliest convenience and either ask for Larry Hirsch (Ownership) or Dustin Seraile (General Manger), we would greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed 18 August 2019

We stayed here for 3 nights. The room had an odd smell and not as clean as it could be. Rooms are old and dated and could use some upgrading or they should at least lower the cost. For what we paid, we were not impressed at all. A little attention to detail could go a long way with the rooms. The front desk staff was very nice though. And the location and proximity to the beach were great. It would also be nice if they didn’t allow the restaurant and cleaning staff to gather around outside the kitchen in the parking area smoking and carrying on until late at night. Some of the cleaning/maintenance staff weren’t too personable. Overall the property has a bit of a sketchy vibe, especially in the parking lot area. Definitely disappointed, have stayed at much better places in cape may for the same price or less.

2  Thank kdt_lee
dseraile, General Manager at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a great experience and will be be sharing your feedback and concerns with the necessary departments. Thank you again for staying at the Montreal Beach Resort.

Reviewed 17 August 2019 via mobile

The Montreal Beach Resort is a beach front motel. The location is great. I liked that there were beach chairs for rent at the beach. If you book direct 2 chairs and an umbrella are included with your room. They also had beach towels but they ate very thin, and scratchy material. I’d recommend bringing your own if you can. The lobby really smelled like BO the times I was in there (multiple days).There is a restaurant and bar attached to the motel and a wine store on the corner. The restaurant serves breakfast, so we could here people early in the AM in our rooms having conversations at their breakfast. Rooms were clean and there is a balcony. Nice spot, average motel with bonus beach service.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback with us. We will definitely be sharing your feedback with the necessary departments. Thank you again for staying at the Montreal Beach Resort.