All reviews worked fine one night campground bathhouse facilities
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

No fire ring, WiFi constantly drops, dump station in a horrible spot and the bathroom/showers are starting to get worn. I have come here 3 years in a row because family has a permanent spot here, but if it keeps getting worse..? Hopefully they will start to do upkeep, because if 2019 is more of a decline, I will be going elsewhere in 2020...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Jay D
Reviewed 8 July 2018

We had a group of six campers mostly addults and our time at Depot Travel was fantastic. This is a small but quaint campground. Which for us is perfect. None of us have small kids. Location is convenient to everything including the beach which is what we did everyday. Bicycles are the best form of transportation to get around Cape May. The staff and owners are always pleasant from the time you check in to the time you leave. Owners take pride in keeping grounds clean and ensuring safety to all. They enforce the 5 mph speed limit. All of us can’t wait to book for next year!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank msallthatt2018
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We stayed at the Depot Travel Park for one night. This is a family operated campground and it is obvious they take pride in the grounds. The facilities were very well maintained and the grounds were well groomed. The bathhouse was very clean and the showers were hot. A friendly young man greeted us when we arrived and the woman in the office gave us background information about the family property. There was a very nice playground for children to just play without scheduled activities unlike other chain campgrounds.
This setting is conveniently located near enough to the ferry, state park, beach and center of town.
Staying at Depot Travel Park was a positive experience for us.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank swiftmom
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

The only campground that’s actually in Cape May and close to the beach & downtown. I’ve stayed here numerous times and have never had an issue. The staff was always very nice. The only thing they may get angry with is speed, but you shouldn’t be going over 5mph anyway with kids everywhere. I don’t think the sites are small either, especially considering the cost of real estate in Cape May. No fire rings is odd, but I bought one online for like $20. I will most likely do a seasonal site next season.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SethCarlson01
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I have traveled up and down the east coast, stayed in a lot of different camping areas. I would have to say that my stay at the Depot has to be my worst experience. We had the misfortune of staying their for a weekend in July. The owners of the place are the meanest people I have ran into. The owners son, Adam, has the worst customer interaction skills, he should be kept in the garage and never allowed to engage with people. I had to deal with him 2 times and that was 2 times toooo many!!!! The other issues is the bathrooms are disgusting and very dirty. I went into the office to let them know that the showers were dirty and moldy with a lot of other disgusting things in them and was told by the owners wife "THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE A SHOWER IN YOUR TRAILER", great customer service!!!!! So my advice to you, do not stay there, there are other nicer places with nicer people just up the road!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different place.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family