All reviews pet friendly room coast guard graduation bluefish picnic area clothes line water tower super clean rooms shampoo and conditioner continental breakfast bathing suits short walk to beach beach chairs and umbrellas boot camp ice machine recently stayed here room key fresh towels
Reviewed 13 October 2016

We were able to get off season rates at The Blue Fish Inn which was conveniently located 10 to 15 minutes walking from the Washington Street Mall or the beach. The owner was very helpful when I made the reservations over the phone. We stayed in the room with a full size kitchen. The rooms were very clean. The bathroom had enough space for you to be able to walk around in. The beds were fine and each bed had four pillows. We were satisfied with everything at this inn and would stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank delawaretourist
FrancoLena, Owner at Blue Fish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Thank you for taking time to put in words your experience at The Blue Fish Inn. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

My husband and I wanted to connect with a young lady who had lived with his family several years ago in Michigan. It was a long drive cross country so we decided to do some sightseeing along the way and then spend two days in Cape May. I wanted a beach view but we decided to be more "practical" and opt for something more economical. After reading many online reviews we settled on the Blue Fish Inn. What an incredibly lovely little motel with absolutely wonderful proprietors. I have traveled extensively and stayed in many places from modest to high end. However,I have never had the pleasure of having a room as meticulously clean as ours was. The facility is modest and the rooms are somewhat small but everything was immaculate. If you're near Cape May, you really should consider a night or two at Blue Fish Inn. It's close to the beach, shopping and lots of lovely restaurants. I give this place a blue ribbon!

Room tip: This place is pet friendly so if you are traveling with a furry family member, Blue Fish Inn can accomodate you.
2  Thank Kathy D

Thank you so much. I always make it a point for my staff and I to read our reviews so that we all benefit from the thoughts expressed from our guests. I must say how much pleasure we take in your kind and thoughtful review. Our doors are always open for your return visit.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Blue Fish Inn during an overnight trip to Cape May. Our room was very clean and comfortable, and decorated with a cute beachy theme. This is an old-fashioned hotel with updated rooms/bathrooms and modern amenities. The grounds were very nicely landscaped and maintained. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Cape May.

1  Thank mntarfuso

Your kind words provides helpful input to many that rely on past guests comments when choosing a hospitality location.Thank you

Reviewed 6 October 2016

We stayed in a room with bath, both small but manageable. The room was immaculate and nicely decorated in a "summer close to the shore" way. Located in a quiet residential neighborhood, it is two blocks from the beach one way and ten minutes by foot from Washington Street pedestrian mall another way; always fun to walk through Cape May streets at night, seeing the variety of Victorian homes. Initial problem came with air conditioner in manager's second story residence overhead with big start-up noise followed by brain-numbing hum. Temperatures outside were around 70 with cool winds, and the manager did comply with our request to turn it off. Other annoyances were lack of towel racks in bathroom, towels perfumed by fabric softener, and lack of grab bars in shower/ bathtub. Nicely priced in October, so we would return, though not to rooms 10-12.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. How I wish we could make everything perfect for all our guests. I know that's impossible but we at The Blue Fish Inn will always do our best to provide service and comfort to the wonderful people who we are so fortunate to have as guests.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

This was my second visit to the Blue Fish Inn. My two sons and I had attended an overnight Pelagic birding trip out of Wildwood Crest and rather than drive home after being out for 20 hours, I wanted to stay overnight.
We reserved room # 7 (as it had three beds) online and the process was easy and painless. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Franco (owner) who was friendly and helpful.
Room # 7 is tucked away in the corner of the "L" portion of the building. It included two separate bedrooms, one with 2 double beds & one with a queen bed, perfect for 3 guys.
The room was very clean. Each bedroom has a TV and there was a refrigerator and Microwave.
There is not a lot of excess space in the room, but it is a motel room, so it was perfectly adequate for our purposes. Check their web site as the rooms are not all the same. Some are pet friendly. Some have full kitchens, some have multiple beds.
It is not right on the beach, BUT the staff is friendly, the room was clean and the price was satisfactory. I recommend the blue Fish Inn.

Room tip: Check the web site to find a room that suits your needs, as rooms differ in configuration / layout
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
FrancoLena, Manager at Blue Fish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a very kind AND informative review! We're glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return!!