“Martell's Water's Edge, good food, good vistas”

Martell’s Waters Edge
Reserve with OpenTable
Martell’s Waters Edge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 48 Restaurants in Bayville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend and I went to Martell's Water's Edge in Bayville, NJ for an early dinner on a Friday evening, off season. The restaurant is situated on the mainland side of Barnegat Bay with and is aptly named as it sits right on the water's edge. There is a long dock with many mooring pilings for boats to come by during the boating season it is popular with pleasure boats out on the bay for fun. The original building on this site was destroyed by a hurricane a few years back and the new building is raised up with two stories of banquet rooms and an upper level restaurant and bar. There are big windows overlooking the bay and while we were there there were several flocks of egrets and blackbirds of some kind swooping over the bay and flying towards the building, then swooping up at the last minute over the building to there roosting place just beyond. There were cormorants standing guard on the mooring pilings taking a break from fishing. The dining room was sparsely decorated but clean and crisp in style. Now for the service and the meal.

Our waitress was a young woman from Romania, cheerful and informative and rather classy. We had soup for starters. I had a bowl of Blue Crab Bisque and my friend had French Onion. Both were excellent!For main course we opted for the specials; Prime Rib for my friend and the whole lobster dinner for me. Those were also excellent and really enjoyable. They provided a plastic bib for me for the lobster and it helped keep the butter off my clothes. It looked silly but did the job.For dessert I had a small mixed berry tart with lots of whipped cream and my friend had chocolate cake. Yummy!!! This was our first visit to Water's Edge but it won't be the last. Great location, good food, good service.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Will not return. Overlooked steak, ridiculous interaction and question and answer session with server. Upgrade shrimp on kids menu same shrimp. Full review is on Waters Edge as I heard this is not the owner or name anymore?

Reviewed 23 November 2017

My family of 3 went for the Thanksgiving buffet.
The food was awful, it was tasteless, cold, and was not replenished and we had to keep going back to see if there was more.
The food was very low quality and was more like a cafeteria. For $38.00 per person, I would have thought there would be a carving station.
We spoke to a manager and she simply said “no one else has complained”.
There was no apology and the manager had a very bad attitude.
My family will not return and we will not recommend it to others.

2  Thank lesnlou
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Aside from the view the food is terrible. It is not the place it once was years ago when Martells owned it the first time. I havent tried the inside upstairs restaurant. I wont go
back.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

My husband and I went here last night for a wedding. Wow what a beautiful view of the water. Walked into the happy hour area they had a huge beautiful fish tank. They had a nice bar all set up and the appetizers were brought out. Nice big shrimp, big chicken wings. They also had trays of clams, fresh fruit, cheeses, sliders, etc. Everything was very good and fresh. Sat down for dinner everything they served was very good from our dinner roll to the salad to our dinner of scallops and shrimp. The service was also very good. Would I go back yes. The place was also kept very clean. Nice wedding well done.

1  Thank joanmolnar