All reviews spacious room close to town get away steve checkin activities village hike
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Family of 4 with dog stayed one night to be close to hiking. Chose this hotel because they allow dogs; they have a "dog wing" on the bottom floor with a few rooms that allow dogs. Our room was not updated/fancy (as you would expect from a dog-friendly NH hotel), but most importantly it was very clean. The small fridge was a bonus. Beds were comfy and room temp easily adjustable. You can easily walk to a few restaurants/pizza/pub/cafes in the waterville valley center. We would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I took a school party of 40 pupils and 5 staff from South Wales to the USA in February 2018. On arrival, Steve the hotel owner greeted us, and all room keys were organised so pupils could go straight to their rooms with no fuss (very welcome as we had been travelling for nearly 24 hours!). All staff and pupils were made to feel very welcome throughout our stay, and the hotel staff went above and beyond when one of our pupils was injured skiing and struggled to walk around. The food at the hotel was great - not one pupil complained about any of the meals, which in itself is testament to the choice and quality of food available. The hotel was ideal for our group with plenty of room for pupils to sit away from other paying guests. The pool was also an added bonus for our pupils, who loved making use of the facility in the evenings we did not have any excursions. Overall staff nor pupils have nothing but good things to say about our stay at Snowy Owl Inn, and we hope to return to the resort on our next overseas trip in 2 years time.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2018

I have stayed at the Snowy Owl twice this year, in January and April. Both times I have been very comfortable and well looked after. The hotel has a perfect location, right next to the shops and restaurants of pedestrianised Town Square and only a short drive from the ski area, 5 minutes away by car (free parking) or on the regular shuttle which conveniently stops right outside.
My first stay was mid-week in early January and the hotel was quiet. The complimentary breakfast was exactly as advertised on the hotel’s web-site, a simple affair comprising doughnuts, muffins, coffee and orange juice. I knew this in advance and was therefore happy with what was provided. Some reviews mention being disappointed by the ‘continental breakfast’, but I cannot see a continental breakfast being advertised. The hotel provided as advertised.
My room was spacious with a comfortable bed, and my room had a large 2-person Jacuzzi tub (takes a while to fill, but fabulous after a day on the ski slopes) as well as a separate shower.
My room in April was the size of a typical hotel room with a standard bathroom, and still very comfortable. On this occasion the hotel had a school group from the UK staying for a week for skiing, and there was another group of adults staying for just a couple of nights. The groups were provided with an extensive breakfast buffet with a wide choice of toast, muffins, bagels, boiled eggs, cream cheese, pancakes, jam and fruit. I spoke to a couple of people from these groups who also had a nightly dinner buffet, the children from the school group appeared to be eating well and very happy.
A sizeable indoor pool looked inviting but I didn’t make it in there. Apart from the main lobby there are a number of comfy seating areas throughout the property, one of which seemed to be used by the school group but this worked well as it kept them in one area of the building.
The hotel is a good base for an individual needing to be in a central location in the village. As an observer, it seems to be a great choice for ski groups who looked like they were being very well catered for in a good spot.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant stay at the Snowy Owl. Steve was waiting for us at the door on arrival and was the ultimate host throughout our entire stay. Chef George provided excellent home cooked meals including an exceptional Easter roast pork dinner. Rooms were spacious and warm and hot water was plentiful. The pool on site was perfect for our group and we used it every day. There are lots of common spaces to have meetings etc. As a party leader for a school group I could not have been happier.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We showed up about 8 p.m. And there was no one at the desk. The place was dark very few lights were on. The keys were left out with a note. Some hallways were completely black. The next morning at breakfast, if you want to call it that, included coffee juice and stale muffins and donuts. To top it off I was given erroneous information about the shuttle bus and had to wait an hour for it to come. The room was something from the 80s including the TV. The bathroom fan rattled. No where near worth the price we paid which was $125.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business