“Nice view, good food, service, avoid the fish.”

The Anchorage at Sunapee Harbor
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Sunapee
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

My wife got the pot roast it was EPIC, tender and good size portion. My swordfish was very thin and tough. Been in freezer too long I think. Sent it back they got me a bowl of chowder while I waited which was really good. 2nd pc was also tough and small. Surely not worth the $24.
Crab cake appetizers were greasy. They went out off Their way to make things right. Once you send food back the experience is kind of tainted.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

One of the best Clam Chowder's in a long time. EXCELLENT! The "Bowl" is about the size of a big "Cup". They could have charged twice the price, but put it in a "real bowl" next time. If I hadn't had to wait 30 minutes, I would have ordered a second "Bowl" to fill me up...but we were heading out on the boat and didn't want to miss our tour.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The Anchorage is fantastic!! They make the best fish & chips and their clam chowder is delicious! The fish is crispy and the batter is the best I’ve tasted. If you haven’t been since the new owners took over, do yourself a favor and get over there! So good!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Helen W, Owner at The Anchorage at Sunapee Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed the fish & chips and clam chowder. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Although the location is nice! The waitstaff took forever even though there were empty tables and lots of people waiting. The food was OK, will not spend the money to go back unless it drastically improves all. Sorry

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018

To be overpriced and serve inferior food is an insult. Caesar salad is my favorite salad and I have it frequently at other restaurants, so I know a good salad. We were there today for a meal before the concert. They charged $5 additional to add steak to an $8 Caesar salad-fine. The salad itself was not crisp, but looked and tasted fine. The steak was very small, tough and stringy with a lot of gristle. Not wanting to distress the waitress, I proceeded to continue to eat the 6 paltry pieces at 83 cents a piece because we waited for over 1/2hr to get the some of the same food that the next table received a few minutes earlier than us, although they ordered a few minutes after us. My wife's normal sized reuben had less than their usual amount of meat and they charge $12 for that and broken potato chips and no pickle. At the very least they should throw in fries for the same price or offer a small side salad or coleslaw. At the end of the meal, when the waitress asked how the meal was, I showed her the last piece of steak and told her the problem. She first told me I should have sent it back at the beginning, then went and related the issue to the manager. She came back with an apology from the manager and nothing else. To make amends the manager should have come to apologize personally and deduct the cost of the cheap cut of "steak" from the salad. We were not looking for a free meal. We have decided that we can get good food across the street for less or bring a picnic for the same free view of the little harbor.

Date of visit: August 2018