“Friendly Staff, Good Food!”
Review of 5 Thai Bistro

5 Thai Bistro
Ranked #7 of 215 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Finally got the chance to try 5 Thai and it did not disappoint. We were greeted at the door by the nicest woman. She promptly seated us and took our drink orders. The Thai Ice Tea and Thai Ice Coffee were perfect on a warm evening. My husband and I both got the Pineapple Chicken and it was excellent. Loaded with Chicken, Cashews and quartered mushrooms which I loved! My husband ordered it hot and said it was perfect while I ordered mild and it was perfect as well. The servers were all very friendly and checked in on us often. Portions were good sized and if we hadn't come on our motorcycle would have definitely taken the rest home with us for lunch the next day. Definitely Recommend!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were walking around downtown Portsmouth and made the happy choice of Thai Bistro. The interior is stylish and comfortable. The service was prompt and courteous. The food delicious and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If you like Thai food, you'll love this restaurant. The food was excellent, good service, good value. Close to many places in the main commercial area.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We had taken a ride along the coast from Salisbury to Rye and into Portsmouth and looking for a dinner option.

We saw a sign on the sidewalk with specials listed and a fantastic overall review from TripAdvisor and so inside we went!

We were welcomed by a friendly hostess and seated. The restaurant is one big room and remarkably not loud.

We had spring rolls with shrimp, Tom yum soup (I believe it’s called), chicken larb and drunken noodles with chicken. All were very good! And presented very nice on thier dishes. Just be warned that the drunken noodles are very spicy. Had I been warned I would have stepped it down a notch.

Service was impeccable.

Great to have this Thai restaurant as an option when returning to Portsmouth.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Very, very, good--the duck entree
Okay--the barbecue pork. The service, which was friendly, but not especially well coordinated.
Could be better--the decor, which is neat but bereft of any ornamentation.