“Amazing food and server!!”

The Roundabout Diner & Lounge
Ranked #20 of 219 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: At the Roundabout Diner and Lounge, we serve breakfast all day, great burgers and sandwiches, Phantom Gourmet award-winning BBQ, comfort food classics like meatloaf, roast turkey, and of course, local New England favorites like fish and chips, and the best lobster roll around. We also use locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, like bread baked just for us by When Pigs Fly Bakery, breakfast sausage made for us in Vermont, local cheeses, and more. And we make all our delicious cakes and pies right here at the Roundabout. From scratch! If you would like us to cater one of your events then look no further than Chill Catering, one of the largest catering companies on the seacoast.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I went out to dinner with my friends for their birthdays, and we had a blast. The buffalo chicken Mac and cheese was delish and just what I was in the mood for that night. Our server, Michael, was one of the best servers I have ever had. He cracked the best jokes and just made us feel so welcome. You can tell that he genuinely loves his job. Highly recommend Roundabout - ask for Michael! :)

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We love this place! We have been regulars at the Roundabout after the first time we went there. The food is great and there is a large variety of choices on the menu. Everything we have ordered is delicious. Have never been disappointed. My husband and I always ask for Michael who makes you feel welcome and relaxed like you are eating at home. He also has excellent menu suggestions. A tip from this regular customer - SAVE ROOM FOR DESSERT!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We arrived very early morning and were told that the kitchen staff were serving so asked our patience. One of the orders was completely wrong but we didn't have time to wait for correct one to be served. Menu was good, included local When Pigs Fly bread and special omelets. Waited a really long time for our check, had to ask several times.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The service is great and the food is delicious (recommend Michael) love it so much and in a perfect neighborhood.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Heard about the place on tv and being in the area we tried it out. The menu was quite large. So since it was after one I opt to get lunch even though breakfast is served all day. Wife had the bowl of beef stew. Thin broth with shredded and small pieces of beef not cubes. At first I asked if it was ground beef, wife said no. Was more like beef vegetables soup. Came with a small dish of croutons. I had the corn beef sandwich with fries. Fries seem
as if they were fried twice as to reheat them. Sandwich was on marble rye with Swiss and mustard. Corn beef was two thick slices, the total thickness of meat equal to one slice of bread. Couldn’t taste the beef just the mustard. Heard the desserts are good, so we ordered the banana cream as shown on tv. Could have had more banana flavor but still good. The chocolate cream I my opinion was better. Maybe breakfast if we’re in the area again.