“Finally good food”
Review of Al's Seafood

Al's Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 18 October 2018

My sister and I had the pleasure of eating at Al’s on Weds, October 17, 2018. Such a great lunch. We each had the fried clam strips w/fries basket. Better than the Clam Shack in Kennebunkport. So sweet and crispy. I had the lobster stew which was excellent, with lots of lobster. Sis had the clam chowder, which was loaded with clams,also excellent. We both were so full after this meal. And so reasonably priced. If I lived here, it would be a weekly destination for sure. Fresh seafood is also available to buy and cook at home.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

1st time here after hearing nothing but good things and it was great! Clam chowder was thick and tasty, baked haddock was fantastic. Excellent topping and just enough butter. Lobster pie was loaded with lobster and again not overly buttered. I think the clam chowder is better than the fish chowder. Mussels had lots of extras if you like that type. Great dining area next door to the fish market, which sells fresh seafood also. I can't wait to return and see myself as a regular customer.

Date of visit: October 2018
JessC1208, Manager at Al's Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Thank you so much for your amazing review about your most recent experience at Al's Seafood. It sounds as though the meal was right on and served exactly the way it should be...let the seafood speak for itself! We are really glad that you had such a great meal and are appreciative that you shared the review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

If you’re anywhere close you won’t regret stopping. Baked lobster, lobster roll, and fried clams so delicious!

Date of visit: October 2018

Yay! Thank you so much for the special shout out! We are so glad we made it on your list for the trip and hope to see you the next time you are in NH. Thanks again!

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I LOVE a good lobster roll. They were extremely generous with their lobster meat and it was unfettered with mayo, celery, or anything else, just pure lobster meat. The roll was just regular bread instead of the sweet bread, but with the ample meat and the very fair price, I can look past that!!! Delicious!!! Their menu had many tempting items, but we were just passing through. I would love to come back here one day. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thank you so much for your review on Al's! We appreciate that you spent the time to share your experience. We are so glad you liked the lobster roll...we really try to let the seafood do the talking and not add anything that isn't necessary to mess with the star of the dish! So glad you liked it. Hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Stopped by on a Friday night for a quick bite after a shopping spree at North Hampton Marshall’s. It was busy, so I thought that’s a good sign, a short line to order and self seating in the small dinning room. I ordered a haddock sandwich. Friendly and efficient staff. Took a seat in the well lit, wood lined dinning area with booths and tables, with some nautical design, clean and minimal. I think there was a whale bone hanging in the center of the dining room overhead, very impressive. My number was called and a staff member delivered my sandwich and fries. Decent looking piece of fish on a bulky roll, the lettuce on the side was a bit limp, so I discarded that right away. The fish was a fresh white fish, but it wasn’t haddock as advertised. I put tarter sauce, which I usually love, but this tarter sauce had an overwhelming raw onion taste, which was not expected or enjoyable. The fries were forgettable. Was hoping for a better experience at a seafood restaurant and market. I guess they probably get a lot of tourists that wouldn’t know any different. I did notice a couple who looked like they might be trying their first crack at whole steamed lobsters, bibs and a photo by their server to capture the moment! Would try again, but probably not anytime soon.

Date of visit: October 2018

I am sorry that the meal wasn't 100% to your liking. I was really hoping I would read that you checked in with a manager and they were able to help make everything better for you...but no such luck and we are bummed because you left without being completely happy with your meal or experience. I do have to say that the Haddock Sandwich is 100% always fresh haddock...that never ever would change. We never have and never would use anything but fresh haddock and would never advertise one thing and serve another. We'd rather be sold out of the item all together than ever try to dupe someone into thinking they are getting one thing when in reality they are getting something different. We are really sorry that you didn't enjoy the meal or the experience and would really like to take another shot at it, if you would allow us. Please let us know if you would be willing to give Al's one more chance at giving you the New England fresh seafood experience. Thank you for your review, we really appreciate that you took the time out to let us know how it was for you.

Been to Al's Seafood? Share your experiences!