“Good food, good service. ”
Review of Salt Hill Pub

Salt Hill Pub
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here with friends, and we all had a fine meal. We had burgers and salads, and all were tasty and well prepared. Our server was outstanding.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

There was a group of us after a meeting. We had many different items for the menu and all were very good(all plates were clean), the pub is upstairs and didn't seam to upset the dinning downstairs. Bathroom were clean and filled.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 1 August 2018

My husband and I had dinner here last weekend and it was great. He had the fish and chips and I had Mac' n Cheese w/pulled pork. Everything was awesome including the service. We had a potato skin appetizer that was the best we ever had! Loved It.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

I wrote glowingly about this place several years ago. Since then I've gone back several times a year, but was disappointed recently at the very soggy fries and overbaked nachos we had. Trivia night, which I mentioned last time, is held weekly on Sunday evenings at 7. It is fun and Chris is great at organizing it, but two regular teams with more than 9 members each make winning an unrealistic expectation for a team of 3 or 4 people. Wait staff is terrific (helped us with the music round, our weakness.) Just crisp up those fries to go with the excellent and generous fried fish. Burgers are always good. PS--Trivia is upstairs; don't know if there is an elevator. Also live music several times a week.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I came here figuring I'd get edible food. No expectations at all. What I in fact got was an above average (not excellent) fish and chips, with above average service, and an above average (below average? Less. Better.) wait time. I wouldn't bring a date here necessarily, but it was very reliable food, and I'd come back for a bite if I were passing through again.

Date of visit: May 2018