“costly shor of Tequila”

Peter Christian's Tavern
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Well known pub in New London near New London Barn Playhouse and Lake Sunapee
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have reviewed Peter Christains before. I recently ate lunch there since they reopened after the update. My lunch was delious but I was surprised when the check came and I was charged $10.00 for a shot of Tequila. Not sure what anyone else would think but I think that is an outrageous price for one shot.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Peter Christian’s is casually upscale, but down to earth.
The staff is pleasant, professional, and knowledgeable.
There is a bar separate from the dining room. The bar counter top is somewhat unusual, and very cool. It is a very comfortable place to watch a ball game, or just socialize.
The dinning room has both booths and tables. Lighting is good, but subdued giving a really nice feel to the place.
The menu is traditional with changing specials,and there is something for everyone.
They French onion soup and chicken wings (prepared three different ways) were both popular, and quite good.
The tavern burger is a superior burger with many toppings offered. They also get the rare, medium, well done thing right.
The bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with red cabbage and spatzl (sp?) was expertly prepared, and a real treat.
Not surprisingly, they mix an excellent drink here. And the craft beer, and draft selections are extensive. Just call me a pedestrian American, but I like my draft cold, and they serve the coldest I have ever tasted.
You can enjoy a casual, or fine high end meal here. But no matter what you order, you will have a completely satisfying experience at Peter Christian’s.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A week in New Hampshire for an October vacation. A cold cloudy rainy day, so we took a road trip and found ourselves in New London. In search of a place to eat, we drove past a few places, decided on Peter Christian's and pulled in. We loved it from the front door on. We decided to sit at the bar. The server was a very friendly young man, ready to give recommendations of the beer on tap. He chose for us two very nice brews. We found the menu wonderful, many things to choose from. Could not decide so we looked around at what others were eating, asked the server what so an so over there was eating and went with that. One order of a beautiful seafood chowder with crusty french bread and an order of the shepherds pie. Both were absolutely the best. Very satisfying on this cold day. Decided on desserts, an order of the bread pudding which was very, very good, and then an order of what I think was called grasshopper pie, and this was "meh" at best. A chocolate brownie is what it was with fresh mint flavored whipped cream on top. But the Irish coffee I ordered with it was a hit. We were pretty happy with this chance find, we do recommend!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Good find! We were really hungry, so hearty pub fare was just right for us on that day. I enjoyed my Rueben sandwich with sauerkraut and greens and my husband had Peter’s Father sandwich (beef and horseradish cheese)

Very friendly service as well.

Unfortunately, they ran out of the soup of the day- things like this should not happen.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We finally made it in to check out the new place. I have to say we were extremely disappointed. I know they just opened and are working out kinks and such, but all restaurants should be allergy aware and have a better menu. There was one thing I could eat and it has to be modified a lot. My husband has a tree nut allergy and the waiter couldn’t tell us what was safe, even after going to the kitchen twice.

The noise was horrible. It’s too open and we couldn’t even talk to each other at a table for two. They don’t utilize the space well enough so people have to wait too long for a table. After being closed for so long you would think there would be a wow factor and they would have it together. Even the nachos weren’t that great and were pricey. I did like the atmosphere but it needs work.

Been to Peter Christian's Tavern? Share your experiences!