“Never Again”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My sister wanted to meet here for lunch. I had my doubts and wish I'd expressed them. It was as bad as I feared it would be. Husband and I both had the crispy chicken salad special with a side of broccoli cheese soup. BIL chose the crispy chicken and pimento with roasted tomato soup; sister had the classic cheeseburger with fries. Restaurant is definitely having employee issues as it took a good 15 to 20 minutes for our soup to arrive and while the other two were steaming, mine was tepid at best. From the look of it, the shredded cheese is thrown on just before the soup is nuked. By the time my soup was returned to me, I had my salad, another disappointment. While a nice spring mix was the base, the dressing was nondescript, the corn rubbery, and half the crispy "chicken" was just batter fried skin. Husband and I both agreed soup was too salty. This is a man who is not a fussy eater and his comment after we left, "I'd have been happier with a hotdogs at Costco." I am happy I kept the meal down. BIL was not impressed with his choice either.
Will say the waitress really tried and the manager, who was busing tables, also was very pleasant and apologetic. It just isn't good food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

To start, the server (Rosey D) was very good at her job, no complaints. We arrived approximately 5:40 pm, seated promptly and ordered drinks by 5:50, we ordered food at about 6:00 pm, after about 15 minutes I was told that they had run out of ribs, not a great sin, but should have been informed much earlier, indicates poor chef/restaurant communication/management. I requested my son's meal to be not delayed while I choose another item. Son's meal arrives 5 minutes later and I order a different meal, steak, potatoes and veg, not a complex meal. My son finished his meal in about 20 minutes, when my meal did not arrive by 6:40, I told them to bring me the check for the one meal and drinks as we were leaving, magically the meal was ready, which I said was too late as we had already been in the restaurant an hour! No apology from management. The only reason I gave two stars is my son's meal was okay and the server was extremely polite and apologetic. The management need a shakeup here, very unprofessional.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Are Salad bars your hing? The GARDEN BAR @ APPLEBEES willdelight you. A varietyof crisp freshgreens &toppings to tempt& delight you. Allfora reasonable price (includedw/ manyentreesor at a reasonable upcharge as asubtituteforthe sidedishthatmost entrees include. Dessertsare available, & ifyou have enoughroom forone are enjoyable. Coffee is resh&hot ;otherbeverages available) Children can choose from their own menu(kid friendly items) which help them to enjoy their meal out w/ you @ APPLEBEES

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for some dinner. We haven't been out to eat in awhile. Because of our fixed income
We saw on TV Ruby Tuesday ad 2 for 2 deal.we ordered the salad bar, Alfredo chicken dish and a hamburger plate, and a shared desert.
I ordered the hamburger medium it came raw waitress a me back and said she would send it back to the COOK I waited another 10 minutes and a the same burger came back well done.
The Manager came over before mine came back and apologized and. Said desert is on them.
We couldn't make up our minds on which desert we wanted. The waitress said that we could have two on them.
They were great and made the attempt to correct the COOKS mistake.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

The soup was a cold gelatinous glob, that was only slightly better after they microwaved it. The salad bar had no lettuce... Literally, no lettuce... none. None in back. The "Signature Rolls" did not exist. The Fried green beans were greasy soggy green ... things. The Thaifoon shrimp was cold, soggy, and greasy... The only thing positive was that because I had to send stuff back (yet, went home hungry and ate cereal) they took those items off my bill. But nary a decent apology or visit from the manager. Don't waste your money.

Been to Ruby Tuesday? Share your experiences!