“Friendly place to be....”

The Bob House Restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We ate at the bar, which we found to be very friendly and very lively. Food was average, which was a disappointment. Service was good.

Natural83, Owner at The Bob House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Im sorry to hear this. What did you have that was a disappointment as i did not receive 1 complaint out of 400 dinners i put out last night?

Reviewed 21 June 2018

My husband and I had dinner at The Bob House tonight. Crystal was our server and she excelled! She was pleasant and very gracious and helpful. We ordered two appetizers, the lobster Rangoon and the crab stuffed mushrooms, which were both very nice. Sadly, dinner was another story. My husband had the veal with rice pilaf and said it was okay. I ordered the Downeast haddock, which was supposed to have a broccoli and crab stuffing/ topping with a bearnaise sauce. We waited a long time for our entrees and they came not hot and the green beans and broccoli were unseasoned and undercooked. The fish was served with a crown of broccoli dumped on top and then covered with a ladle of cool sauce which wasn’t bearnaise. Also on the plate was a giant pile of their fries. We had a cocktail and a bottle of a nice Chardonnay. Our bill was just under $150.00 including a 20+ % tip. I ate very little of my entre.. this seems to be a positive and kind environment, but the food was very mediocre. We were here in a house on the lake for the week and this was our night out. Very disappointing. I would recommend fewer dishes and more effort refining the dishes.

Natural83, Owner at The Bob House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

First off im sorry to hear you wernt completely satisfied. I can assure you that the sauce was bearnaise and weve never had a complaint about it before. It is topped with broccoli and crab meat not stuffing. As for the vegetables we do not cook them till they are mush or use canned vegetables which just fall apart, we only use fresh vegetables that are cooked the right way which is al dente. Having 2 appetizers a Nice bottle of wine, drinks, 2 entrees and including the tip for under $150 is more than fair pricing as anywhere else it would be well over $200. The order never came back to the kitchen as i would of made you something else to please you. My wife even came by to check on you and you said everything was good. Wish i could tell the server good job as you liked ber but i dont even have a server named Crystal.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We ordered baked haddock, veal parmesan, and pot roast, and each of us had a very good meal. Service was a bit off as our server was also the bartender.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great burgers. However, bad service. Walked in on Thursday afternoon. Bartender/server told us to have a sit. We sat down and no menus were put on the table. I got up and got menus. After a few mins she came and ask for drink order and food order. When she brought the food to the table ONCE again I had to get up and ask for ketchup!!! The vibe that I got was that my family was NOT welcome in that restaurant. She never came back and see if I needed something else. Very disappointed!!! Will never got back nor recommend it

Natural83, Owner at The Bob House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

I am very embarrassed about this and we are truly sorry about your experience. We do hope you give us another try to make it up to you. I will make sure this doesn't happen again as we are a small family run business and pride ourselves on our food, prices, portions & friendly atmosphere. Please email me at thebobhouse520@gmail.com with your address so I can send you a gift certificate as our sincere apology.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This Saturday night, my husband and I had dinner from The Bob House in moultonborough New Hampshire. We had tried their take out a few weeks ago.

The quality of the food was at a 5 star rating and the portions generous.

I highly recommend the North Atlantic haddock dinner. The fish was impeccably cooked ...extremely fresh like it was caught in the day. It was topped with a portion of Ritz crackers and butter. Just enough.

They know how to cook a baked potato. You will want to consume every bite! The side vegetable was bright, orange butternut squash with a slight Taste of spice.

We both commented on how consistent the quality of the meal was from the last time we had tried their meals. We will be back for more!

Natural83, Owner at The Bob House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Im so glad to hear you liked everything and hope to see you again soon.