“OK, but not for me”

The Riverhouse Cafe
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 3 July 2018

This place has great service always packed but the food ok for me but others love it. They wait staff is nice, kinda small but cute, offers some very interesting meal choices

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Place has amazing food and service for a great price. I'll will be going back again soon for sure! :)

Reviewed 1 May 2018

My dad took me to breakfast here this past weekend. We went on the earlier side (8 AM) because he said it gets very busy on a Saturday morning. Understandable for a good local joint. Walked in, and no wait which was great! We were sat by a very nice woman who ended up being our waitress. Very attentive. Small inside - tables very close together which was my only critique. I like a little space. It was very cozy to say the least.

My dad ordered the "Pig Pile" ("The original stack". Our house made sausage patty nestled between two cheesy hash browns, topped with two eggs, sausage gravy and fried onions) and I ordered the "Compost Heap" Roasted veggies, Monterrey Jack cheese and tomato between two cheesy hash browns, topped with two eggs, organic pea shoots, avocado and salsa verde). Both were excellent!! Local, fresh ingredients. It was around $25 without tip. Good portions, inventive menu options. Something for everyone! I cannot wait to go back!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had a brief wait but well worth it! The menu contained many different combinations of breakfast selections. It was a challenge to choose the best one! Every bite was delicious and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. We will definitely go back!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Opened this place some years ago in Milford oval and what I found was interesting diner fare with a couple that had a vision, were there often, for what I believe to be a sign of owners that actually care. You wanted to support them.
Fast forward, two locations and an Italian place down the street, you get whats to be expected; demand for product based on earlier reputation, lousy service, even more inept kitchen [it's breakfast folks, not rocket science] and just bad food. Whooever has stepped in for the now non visible owners is not only a bad cook, they shoud ve re-evaluated.
Execution is key, yes, even in the simpliest of foods. This food coming out suffers from everything from simple techniques and execution, and yes, at both breakfast/lunch locations. Note to owners; mystery shop your locations, because you need a wake up call. Bad service, cold, ill prepared food, raw sausage? Filthy food preparation environment?
These ratings dismiss the facts that this place has been circling the drain for at least the last few years.
Proceed with caution and take into consideration the not so glowing reviews for balance...NH magazine "best breakfast" accolades are nothing to hang your hat on when Dunkin Donuts, Dominoes and Mcdonalds frequent these lists in other best categories.

Its runs the gamut from bad to downright awful between the last 3-4 visits between Milford and Greenfield location.

Support the places that run a tight ship. Union Coffee is a place that comes to mind just around the oval...or hell even Chyrsanthis [family owned] down rte 13 a bit.

1  Thank Eaterofbirds