“High ratings...”

Bar One
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Milford
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Are deceiving.

The act here runs thin when the service still isnt streamlined and long gaps between the bartender running around the dining room and a wandering waitress kind of seemingly lost in her own world makes for trouble.

The food hasnt changed much in our year gap between visits...mediocre, muddled.

Service got worse?

Drinks are still short poured into micro coupes.

Then came the food...and this is where the complacency of the diners arent doing them any favors by blindly throwing "OMG...The best everzs111" at them. You are enabling by not being objective.

The duck poutine was a salt bomb set off by so much black pepper, was like chewing on peppercorns. The flatbread was burnt and they still served it? Thats when a server takes it and tells them to refire it...not act like you dont notice. Its was charred and inedible. My dining companion was more forgiving and opted to not send it back, nor eat more than half of it.
The cubano? JUST DONT. Its all I have without going on a rant. It was a unmitigated pile of literal slop. Couldnt even pick it up and after finally trying a bite, really didnt want to. The fries, right out of a bag and hit with some cheap truffle oil and 2 flakes of parmesan was a 2 dollar upcharge.

I just dont get this place. They did little to change my/our opinion on the output from the kitchen and the front of the house shortcomings.

Surprisingly the place, outside of the tables, was filthy...the floor was littered with what can be assumed was the day before debris, as it had just opened.

But...just keep piling on those 5 stars so thet just keep doing what their doing.

2  Thank Eaterofbirds

Reviewed 9 April 2018

They don't take reservations so we arrived early,4:45Pm,there was a 20 minute wait,once seated we were promptly greeted,the waitress was fantastic,we ordered apps and drinks to start with,the menu isn't huge but even the fussiest diner will find something,we were a party of four,each ordered different meals,each of us really enjoyed the food and the good service.A definite repeat

1  Thank Bjbj862
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We had heard a lot of popular comments from friends about this place and thought we would give it a try. One word "wonderful"!

This is a cozy little bar bistro in downtown Milford, NH. The food was just awesome! We started with the crispy chicken wings, with honey & garlic sauce. Perfect! I had the Lucky Dog flat bread and my wife had the Notorious BLT. Both were out of this world! We would recommend this place and will be back!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

My BF and I ate at Bar One last Friday night around 8 PM. When we walked in, the hostess said, we have a table available for you but, "just so you know we have about 10 tickets in front of you" which (being in the restaurant industry before, I know that means possibly a long wait for food) We took a chance. I had been sick for 7 days with the flu, so this was my first time really out of the house and not contagious. I was hungry, but not starving. I ordered a gin and tonic with tanqueray. I asked for extra lime which I got on the side. The rind was all brown and had clearly gone bad (but the middle was still fine). I would not have served this to a patron, but rather used it for lime juice etc. (not customer facing) Not a huge deal but, the drink was $9....in my opinion way overpriced compared to one of our fav places in concord (the barley house) which charges $6.50 with ripe limes and better made g&t overall. Again, not a deal breaker.

My BF got a local beer he said was great. To start, we got the hush puppies which were flavorful and great. Nothing to compare them to because that was the first time we ordered them, anywhere. My BF got the Up in Smoke burger he said was very good with a side of sweet potato fries which were very crispy and delicious!! He asked for another side of sweet potato fries because I ate some and they said they don't do sides because they don't sell well... so that was a little off putting that it is still not an option for the people that like them. I got the magic mushroom flatbread which was pretty good. Could have used a little more seasoning (which there was none on the table). Also, the mushrooms themselves were dry. Could have used olive oil, salt and pepper but, oh well. Overall, we had a good experience and look forward to returning to try other items on the menu. The service was great!!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Totally delicious, a gem in the middle of a small town. The duck poutine fries are not to be missed, and the rest of the menu is no exception. Chef Kimmy Lavoie is great!