“Forgettable I hope”

Hollis Country Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Hollis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

From the ride waitress yelling an inaudible command to sit as we entered (a patron told us to sit)to her horrible, indifferent attitude and service to the brick-like pancakes, shriveled fruit cup and tasteless coffee I call it a complete, regrettable disaster

Reviewed 11 May 2018

While visiting friends, we stopped by what appeared to me a most unassuming Diner. Once we were inside I took immediate not of the German decor resembling a German Gasthaus that filled me with Nostalgia of my days in Germany. Our waitress I think was German and very attentive and pleasant. We had breakfast and what I suspect typical for New Hampshire were presented with generous servings. Well prepared in appearance and tasty. i enjoyed eggs with bacon and rye bread along with pommes frits. No German or Polish music just pleasant environment and noticed children adding to a family restaurant. Loved it and hope to pass through this area again to enjoy another meal.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had stopped going here years ago, due to the poor quality of food, staff and overall negative experiences. Went back after someone said it had changed hands, new chef and all.
We had a great meal the first time, though the tips were on the underdone side.
Next time we had Jared as our most attentive waiter and the food wasn't bad. Jared made the experience wonderful.
Subsuquent visiits we had horrible service, old cold potatoes and no one cared we were there. Last visit we were near regulrs who said you had to wait for your food, it was their style. But our waitress who has worked there for years, brought others drinks before us, we hd to asked for silverware and after a very long time, as others who came in after us were served before us (and we had been he second or third table since we walked in) and left even bfore we had our food. Finally it arrived no apoloiogies, no explanations (though rumor had it the rice was the reason) we both had incosistent portions, brocolli was cold. The person sitting next to me, had a pork chop which was tough and very undercooked. No apologies, nothing off the bill, nothing. So don't expect great service unless Jared is your server (many agreed the last night we were there). If you are a regular expect to be greeted with open arms, but not sure your food will be done. Get clue HCK everthing should be ready when your doors open for dinner. No one should have to wait for your side dish to be done. Get rid of your waitresses and put in hungry folk who know how to serve and treat everyone with kindness. Very put off with dinner and because of one waitress I fear having breakfast there, so we go some other place.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Greek salad with grilled chicken was well prepared. Companion enjoyed quiche and side salad. Generous portions. Waitstaff prompt and attentive. The location is great but the building lacks curb appeal to draw people in. A little attention to well worn restroom facilities would be an improvement. I would try it again.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Yummy lunch!! Food was very tasty, soup was
piping hot! Service was extra friendly. We even used a coupon! A definite return visit is in store for us.