“Imaginative breakfast offerings”
Review of Laney & Lu Cafe

Laney & Lu Cafe
Ranked #2 of 3 Quick Bites in Exeter
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Description: Laney & Lu is a vibrant food community cafe located in historic downtown Exeter, NH. Our menu includes small-batch locally-roasted organic fair trade coffee, herbalist-designed organic herbal teas, crafted functional beverages, sublime smoothies and smoothie bowls, hearty rice & quinoa bowls, bright & happy salads, and finally! good-snacks-on the go. At Laney & Lu, we believe food can serve a far greater purpose than to simply fill our stomachs. The 'right' food nourishes our souls, builds community, and connects us with the earth. We work with about over a dozen farmers and merchants throughout New England to source locally whenever possible and positively impact local eco-systems. We utilize compostable to-go packaging with a commitment to being 'zero waste' to the customer. We believe Laney & Lu can make a meaningful and sustainable difference. The café's design is bright, clean and inviting with reclaimed wood shelves and a repurposed community bench blended with a large hand drawn chalk board, minimalist industrial chairs, and daily inspirational messages hand-written on a roll of brown kraft paper. It's a perfect fusion of old and new, comfort and chic. From the seed of creation of the café, we have been mindful and true to our motto - 'Eat consciously. Live vibrantly.' and deliberate in sharing that lifestyle to create the 'Live Vibrantly Movement'.
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Beautifully presented - huge breakfast bowls with imaginative combinations of natural ingredients. You won't be disappointed. Outside tables permit you to dine with your well behaved dog.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I ordered an ice coffee which came out looking nothing like an ice coffee. It had a foam on the top. Well, I decided to taste it............it tasted nothing like an ice coffee. I did tell the gal at the front counter and asked her to put a shot of expresso in it so it would taste like coffee. Totally disappointing.

The cost for a small ice coffee is $4.00 which is twice what other coffee places in Exeter charge. I won't be going back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I wish this place were in my town. I love the fresh, organic, wonderful food. I love the turmeric latte. Everything is fresh and so satisfying and big! My Mediterranean salad feeds me twice.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Fresh, delicious organic eggs, avocado, gluten free options, brownies, and cacao smoothie with superfoods. Servers are very friendly and amenable to adapting menu options for special dietary requests. Comfortable place to relax or chill out with a book or computer, both indoors and on the lovely garden patio chairs. Reasonably priced for organic foods.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I can't begin to explain how good this place is.... The smoothies are delicious and the food is of the highest quality, using local and fresh ingredients. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. I ate here several times during my visit.

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Laney & Lu Cafe? Share your experiences!