“Beautiful plating, fresh tasting”

Kume Japanese Steak House
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Epping
Price range: US$0 - US$21
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Everything was tasty from the japanese dressing on the salad to the beautiful specialty rolls we ordered.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Meh...Not that impressed. My wife and I are big fans of hibachi menu. Steak and scollap to be exact. Most of the meat was chewy. Vegitable was average tasting. They served us plates with 4 squares, each square had a portion, one meat, veggi, rice, scallop. Kinda odd. Not really appetizing. Like being served food on a child plate. When we ordered we were asked if we wanted white rice or fried rice. What we didn’t know at the time is fried rice is a $2 per person up charge. $4-No biggie, but felt a little baited. Save your $100 for Kobe or Tomo. This place is sub par.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Kume is a very good mix of Asian cuisine. The habachi offering is very good food and entertainment. Great for a family or group nignt out. Drinks are very good. If habachi style is not to your liking they also have such as well as Tempora and a good mix of oriental soups. The waitstaff is exceptional, the habachi chefs for the most part entertaining some even exceptional. Management is always there insuring things are being taken care of a clients are always happy. The only low rating I see here is consistency. It is not always exceptional but goes no lower than very good. It is always at the least a very good night out.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We went there on a midweek with our daughter and her toddler son for dinner. She didn't want to wait over 30 minutes for a table (in the rather small restaurant). She opted for the Hibachi side.
The Hibachi cook engaged the toddler, who mostly enjoyed it. The portion was large, and the meal included soup and a salad. It tasted pretty good.
The Sushi was also rated as good.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

While waiting to meet family nearby for dinner, I stopped here for the House mai tai and a yellowtail sushi roll. The sushi was very good. The mai tai was okay, no better than others I've. What was annoying, though, was that the mai tai was supposed to be topped with a special rum. After the bartender served the mai tai, he casually asked whether I wanted the extra 'top-off'' of rum. I wasn't sure what he meant, because I assumed it was already included in the mai tai. I thought maybe he was offering a premium liquor topping for more money, but then I found out that it was part of the mai tai. It was confusing, to say the least. When they advertise a drink and its ingredients, they should ensure that it comes the way it's advertised.

Been to Kume Japanese Steak House? Share your experiences!