“Super accommodating, can do attitude, vegans you can eat here...gr8 service! ”
Review of Copper Door

Copper Door
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Approachable New American and Upscale Comfort Foods" is how we describe our Executive Chef's culinary creations. Guests at the Copper Door(R) enjoy a wide ranging, exciting and inventive combination of tastes featuring local sources, New England seafood, classic yet inspired stone oven creations, hand-cut Reserve Premium Steaks, unique salads, and House specialties that personify Copper Door's passion & respect of fine food and classic culinary technique. We have also been praised for our exciting, reasonably priced and deliciously diverse luncheon and bar menus.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Our daughter made the dinner reservations and being very sensitive to my being a vegan plant based foodie asked, when she called, if they could accommodate a vegan after she had reviewed the menu and found nothing on the menu suitable. Their answer on the phone was “Absolutely! We are a made from scratch restaurant so when you get here just have her tell the waiter what she would like.” When was the last time you heard that??!! And this is a popular and super busy restaurant!
With some slight accommodations we shared a salad, dressing on the side, cheese removed- that’s a no brainer. But for my entree they adapted a soba noodle veggie bowl normally made with beef broth and shrimp and made it fresh for me with veggie broth and a generous helping loaded with a variety of fresh veggies and mushrooms. It was excellent!
The hummus appetizer is one of the best hummus I’ve ever had and comes with large slices of fresh cucumbers and pita slices.
The kids and hubby had scallops (generous portion of 4 large sea scallops), rib eye, and filet mignon all cooked to perfection with homemade garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. Perfect size plates, no fussy stuff- just cooked to perfection and no mushy veggies.
We thoroughly enjoyed every part of our dining experience which included surprisingly a quiet table in the large windowed room to the right when you walk in. The main room is jumping with bar peeps and diners and would have been difficult for conversation. Thank you Copper Door- it was my husband and my first time and we appreciate the service and accommodations and everyone’s can do, NBD attitude. This is what eating out is supposed to be!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a great evening with family. Wonderful - food, service, wine, all excellent! Highly recommend for a great night out.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I went here with friends as an end of the school year lunch celebration. Great atmosphere, nice wall art, good service. The food was delicious, drinks were large but pricey as were the soups ($7 for a cup of corn chowder). Our server, Stacey, was attentive but not over bearing. Overall we had fun because of the company and I would recommend it. But be prepared to pay.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I feel the wait staff need some help. I felt very judged from the moment that the waitress came to speak with us. The overall food experience was good I wasn’t really too thrilled about the desert we got the trio and the only one that actually liked was the crème brûlée. I did not see any monkey bread on the menu but I got the chicken and that was actually pretty good I would suggest it I would ask for a little bit more potato because when I got it I didn’t have a lot.

1  Thank ToffeeCookie
Reviewed 6 May 2018

The bar area of the copper door was extremely noisy on a Saturday night. Thankfully our party was led to a quiet room. The apple martini and blood orange martini were wonderful (HIT). "Snacks": BBQ porky tots: tasty, Fried Brussels sprouts: You have to be kidding me....some at our table really like them. I thought I could make that by mistake and then I would throw them out...burnt brussels sprouts(BIG MISS). My daughter ordered the citrus shrimp and chorizo pizza. She was so disappointed with it, she did not eat it (MISS)(we were not charged for it, nice gesture). My husband had the margherita pizza and liked it. I had the chicken marsala with risotto and asparagus. The risotto was wonderful, the asparagus was also very good.(HIT) The chicken was dry and I did not taste any marsala wine in the dish at all(MISS), although the gravy was tasty. I had bananas foster for dessert. It was sweet and delicious. (HIT) I think I would want to try a week night instead of a Saturday night when they were so busy, and definitely stay away from those fried Brussels sprouts.

Raquel G, Public Relations Manager at Copper Door, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hello,

Thank you for the review and detailed feedback. We will make sure to discuss with our chefs. We do hope to see you in again.

Thank you.