Reviews (1 301)
1 301 results
All reviews adult tower promenade tower ramada express poolside cafe jacuzzi suite colorado river players card parking garage other hotels bed was very comfortable hotel casino carnegie slots steakhouse gambling bingo nv
110 - 115 of 1 301 reviews
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Not your Las Vegas Tropicana, but a great place to stay and play. Comfortable, large, and clean rooms; efficient and personable staff; and great food. Slots pay off at a good return, making the casino fun. Drawbacks include a lounge across from the slots and table games emitting an extremely loud and sometimes not so talented singers and instrumental noises. Could be improved with a glass panel buffering the casino. The long, uphill walk to the rooms was a real challenge for me, due to bad knees. Would stay there again, however.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marilynn E
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Some people say I have a hard time making up my mind - but I don't know! I've stayed in hotels worse then this place but not since my motorcycle days when I paid $30 per night split three ways with two of my buddies. It's not horrible like the Bates Hotel but it's not pretty either and I guess my expectations were much greater because I like nicely done hotels. Doesn't have to be super fancy but well maintained works for me and this place needs more than a little lipstick. Can't argue with the price because a buddy gave me a free night coupon but I opted for an upgrade for an additional $15 and it was a complete waste of money. If you're going to go cheap - be cheap and take your chances. But if you want quality I would try another place and quite frankly the room rates in Laughlin are super affordable. One tip for your travels is to always ask to see the room before you make a commitment to stay there. Upgrades are usually available but you have to ask. Don't settle!

BTW - if you got a chuckle or have seen some wisdom in my words please give me a helpful vote. I'm almost at the 50% approval point and that's on my bucket list.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
11  Thank Fritz98045
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

My mother turned 98 and we took her to Laughlin for a 3 day weekend. Her favorite thing to do is bingo so we went to the 3 PM bingo on Jan 14th. When the waitress came to take our order I asked for 3 waters for 3 of us. Sylvia SLAMMED the bottles next to my 98 year old Mom and scared her. This rude waitress has always had an attitude problem and treats myself and friends rudely and will walk past us when we are playing machines. I have done a trip advisor, talked with the bar manager; but, she continues. We don’t go to Tropicana often anymore because of Sylvia; but, my 98 year old Mom requested bingo. This abusive behavior towards a 98 year old woman is unacceptable and someone needs to address this. Sylvia is abusive and unstable!!! Coming from a police family I know there are video cameras in all the casinos and I urge the management to watch the 3 PM bingo on Sunday Jan 14th we were sitting at the first table. We went Sat at 3 PM too and she served us and didn’t like our $1 tip and made it Known Sun. If Tropicana allows this behavior towards a 98 year old who suffers with health failure; this too needs to be addressed and reported to people who investigate casinos. Shame on you management!!! The bingo ladies are pleasant, some waitress are respectable, some staff friendly and William Hill guys very good. The other casinos we visited were very respectful, nice, friendly, helpful and treated my 98 year old mom with kindness. Please don’t let this happen to our older parents and family!!!
Thank you.
Mary Laughlin

Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank MaryCLaughlin
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

1st time to Laughlin....girls weekend. Hotel room missed the boat in many ways, lots of poor communication...phone didn't work for us to ask for more towels when they left us with 2 bathtiwels for 4 people. Key cards malfunctioned multiple times which suck when you are on 16th floor. Only 1 of 3 parking garage elevators worked. People on our floor actually had to make hand written signs saying 'do not disturb'...tacky....housekeeping did not show up one day...even with 'maid service requested sign on door for 6 hours.....when I went to front desk to complain, because phone didn't work, gal at desk said "well they have until 5pm! (It was 4:45)"..and on and on.
On the other hand the maids were friendly, hot tub was nice, & we give poolside cafe a big thumbs up for their bagels & lox. I don't typically write negative reviews unless something is really amiss.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Tonya O
Reviewed 15 January 2018

The Tropicana is the one hotel/casino in Laughlin that isn't situated along the Colorado River; however, it's just across the street and it'll only take you a few minutes to cross Casino Dr. and reach the other casinos.

My room was located in the Promenade Tower, which is next to the parking garage.

My bed was impressively comfortable, and the selection of TV channels was good.

The action on the casino floor was quite lively, feeling very much like being in Vegas.

The Tropicana has a nice selection of choices for dining:

The Steakhouse (a carnivore's delight!)
Passaggio Italian Gardens (Italian food obviously)
The Poolside Café (basic items)
Carnegie’s Café (24 hour service)
Taqueria del Rio (Mexican food)
Dip & Dogs (Nathan's hot dogs & Thrifty ice cream)
The Roundhouse Buffet