Reviews (1 219)
1 220 results
All reviews prime rib room colorado river north tower bowling alley car museum gourmet room sun country airlines movie theater uss riverside casa serrano bullhead city charter flight non smoking casino view of the river players card players club rented a car
25 - 30 of 1 220 reviews
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I recently visited Laughlin and had a salon gift card i wanted to use , so i used my phone for directions and it led me here to this Resort. I went to the front desk and ask and he told me it was across the street by the mall so it was 116 degrees outside and we did not feel like walking in that heat we were going to take a cab decided to go back to the front desk to ask more questions and he discovered that the salon was in the hotel. I had asked several employees were things were and no one seemed to know where anything was? The location of the resort is at the beginning when you come into town. Very very large they have a bowling alley and a movie theater also. It's a very old Resort needs to be updated I believe. They offer boat tours and you can also get there via Water Taxi

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2018

I sometimes get multiple calls a day. Now I can’t delete my messages. This company is running a SCAM. Their casinos are dirty and rundown. Would never go back. Can’t get them to take my return calls so they will stop.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the south tower top floor (26th). Upgraded to the executive suite. Still trying to figure out the difference between a junior and executive suite cause the executive suite seemed smaller but was more expensive. Disappointed that the remodel of the pool is still not completed. Everything else was perfection.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2018

The location is nice and the views are great. The hostesses/hosts are usually chatting somewhere and the waitresses are not able to handle more than 2 or 3 tables. The people that deliver the water are right there, but the waitresses are very slow and cannot multi task. I was in there around 9:00 pm and I was only the second table she had to wait on. It took 20 minutes to get a glass of milk and piece of pie. Another table of 7 adults came in, was given menus right away, but after waiting a long time they still had to ask for someone to take their order. The waitress was snooty when I had to ask again for my pie after 15 minutes. The pie was awful and I could not even more than a few bites. A friend ate at the buffet and said they had scrambled eggs and they were runny--not very healthy. Whoever took over running the business, needs to hire a food manager before someone gets ill and people stop dining there.

Room Tip: We have a suite for the extra room and sitting area.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Don Laughlin’s Riverside Resort – first off, Laughlin is NOT Vegas. It’s nothing like Las Vegas. Laughlin is a riverside casino destination with Lake Mohave very nearby for serious boaters. Laughlin is home to river rats, snowbirds (retirees chasing the sun in winter,) and budget minded gamblers. Don actually built an airport and flies folks in from the Midwest in winter to escape the snow. I’ve been going to the Riverside since I was 21 years old, I’m 50 now. My entire family would meet in Laughlin, the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, everybody. My family used to stay at the Ramada across the street (now the Tropicana.) I stayed there once, why go 300 miles from home to stay across the street from the river? So I booked a room at the Riverside for $17 back then, with a balcony overlooking the river. Wow! The family came to my room, and none of us have ever stayed anywhere else since then. If you gamble a little, you’re probably going to have your room comped every time. The Riverside has everything, all the slots you want, great tables with LOW minimums, fantastic craps and roulette, I’m not a card player so I can’t speak to that. The table games are always the same, good dealers, reasonable pit bosses. The slots give back a little action if you’re hitting them hard. The Riverside has a movie theatre, bowling alley, kiddy gaming room, great sandwich shop Sidewalk Café that makes home made soup daily, fresh sandwiches, it’s not gourmet, but it is cheap and good, and your comps will make it FREE if you gamble. Fresh fruit bowls. The buffet is really not that great, although it does have a lot of variety. The brunch is good, the restaurant next to the buffet is ok. Café Serrano is sort of good. I’m not a fan of the prime rib room either, but I am a Southern CA foodie. I do like the Saltgrass Steakhouse at Golden Nugget, Blueberry Flats over at Pioneer. Harrah’s has the best buffet on the river, and even their food holds no torch to Vegas, but it’s better. You can get a good cup of joe at Cinnabon. The Riverside tore down all the famous dog rooms on the river and are building a gigantic pool. You can still take your small dog to a room on the third floor, but it is weird going through the casino when they had a separate building on the river for dog lovers before. The rooms are ok at the Riverside. Clean, functional. The bang for the buck is the view, and if you stay in the North Tower with a North View of the dam, you have a lovely balcony and can sit outside and enjoy for hours. The Riverside has everything you could possibly need. Tip your maid, she’ll bring you extra everything if you need it. Many times I have called down to housekeeping to fix this or that. Again, I’ve probably stayed there 200 times in 30 years. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Laughlin, EVER. The Colorado Belle is just kind of nasty, and Harrah’s has expensive drinks, the gaming sometimes is good, sometimes not so good. At the Riverside, you bring your cooler, everything you want with you. The valet is free, and they will bring 20 items up to your room without even a blink of an eye, I’m a good tipper and a bad packer, and sometimes I have brought dvd players and all kinds of things for extended stays. If you’re spending days at the lake you need a case of water, Gatorade, a case of beer, no problem for the valet/bellman. They know. Valet is free by the way. In my 20’s and 30’s I really only went to Laughlin to be with the family, in my 40’s I really began to love it. Anyway, the Riverside is great, the casino is a little smoky, they have a non-smoking side for those of you who can’t hang. The shows can even be very good at the Riverside. I saw the Righteous Brothers (with the last brother some months back.) It was a hell of a show. The bingo hall is really special at the Riverside. My partner won $1000 a couple of times. They used to have pinball machines outside the movie theatre, I loved to play there when I needed a break from gambling. Those are gone now this year dang it. Hard to rate the Riverside. It’s a solid 5 stars for staying in Laughlin compared to the rest of the casinos. Harrah’s is a little more like Vegas, but too far from the other casinos, you can’t walk anywhere from there, and offers very little compared to Riverside. Riverside is a solid 5 stars for what it is. It’s a 3 star hotel as far as hotels go. But the gaming, the comps, the river, the entertainment, it really is a FUN place to be. I finally decided to write a review on TripAdvisor as a thank you to Don. Sometimes I don’t want to publish reviews for my favorite places, because I know they will get more crowded. The Riverside is a hidden gem, as long as you know what it is before you go. It’s not the Saint Regis. It is however, paradise for some, river rats, retirees, no-nonsense gamblers, people on a budget that want to look out at the water and be entertained. The little boat ride is very quaint and nice also. You can take your drinks on the boat casino to casino. It was $2 for the longest, but alas it’s like $5 per ride now, $20 for an unlimited pass. I usually walk over to Aquarius and the close casinos on the first day, get a pass on the second day if I know I’m going to hit every casino on the river. You can always walk over to Aquarius and the Edge, and then grab a boat ride back until midnight in the summer. Laughlin used to have a free shuttle bus 30 years ago. No more. You can still get a taxi if you need. I didn’t see Uber. I just saw a cab and got in the last time. Anyway, Don has provided a fun safe place for me and all the generations of my family for 30 years. There’s still a silver dollar slot machine, a few coin only dollar 7 machines, still an old West feel. XO.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family