“Not worth the money.”

Ranked #583 of 5 623 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I came here as I still had nice memories from a visit many years ago. Either my memory is playing tricks, or this place’s gone definitely south. I went for an early dinner on a weekday, so I found no line and the place quiet enough not to spoil the experience on account of the raucous crowd on peak time. The man at the check-in was slightly nicet than a tax collector. My server did what she could, but she was clearly overworked. I had a distinct recollection of a variety of mini-portions, in order to taste a lot of them, it was cut down to a fish-and-chips basket and a shrimp salad I thought best to avoid. Carving station is well-stocked, as the Indian and Mexican ones.
The rest was frankly disappointing. Many items were evidently stale, some downright off. I couldn’t find the courage to try the shellfish, for instance. I saw a manager instructing an help on how to “bury” the driest noodles under the fresher ones, in front of the patrons, practical demonstrations included.
The 19.99 deal for open bar for two is a nice option, but overall the experience is not worth the money: at 43.99 per person, plus an ill-deserved tip and the outrageous parking ticket at Aria (which at the Buffet they pride themselves not to validate), you’ll find yourself easily in the 70-80 territory. For that kind of money, there are many better options, including the old warhorse at the Bellagio, which by comparison still pulls his weight.

1  Thank Ferdinando V
Write a ReviewReviews (4 468)

127 - 131 of 4 468 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Purchased a day pass for $60 plus tax. It was well worth the money.

That cost also gave you priority pass so no big queuing for me.

The food was good but have no other vegas buffet experience to compare it to. I got to try different foods from all around the world and also Amercian food that I have never tried before such as gumbo. If I didn't like anything I didn't have to eat it. And no, my plate wasn't piled high. No over eating.

I would say the typical breakfast foods of sausages and eggs was not a big feature at breakfast. They had dim sum, the meats section, salads and nachos? At breakfast....! Maybe it was just that day. I didn't see any baked beans or grilled tomatoes but never the less I enjoyed the whole experience.

Also, I did not know but the all day pass at Aria Buffet also includes soft drinks. And if you want to drink a lot for 2 hours - get the $19.99 2 for 1 alcoholic drinks option. Effectively $10 for one person for a couple.

I would recommend the all day pass.

And please, people, if you come with children keep an eye on them. I saw kids wandering around getting their own foods, not knowing how to serve themselves properly, groups of older kids being a nuisance to the chefs/servers.

And tip the staff clearing. Don't wait till the end when you're leaving as it may be a change of staff. Tip them early - they appreciate it and they work really hard clearing tables and topping up your drinks. A little appreciation goes a long way.

1  Thank seg69
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We ended up doing the Bellagio and Aria buffets for dinner back-to-back (Bellagio yesterday and Aria today) since we had MyVegas deals for them. Aria wins hands down. If you have to pick one of the two, go with Aria. Both have a wide range of foods, but Aria's were fresh, flavorful, and beautiful, while Bellagio's was bland, overcooked, and the seafood was "off".

If you are going to do dinner at Aria, it's well worth it to go early to snag a good table and have the freshest food experience. We went at 4, which seemed way too early for dinner, but I'm so glad we did. The server was attentive, fun, and friendly, and the line staff were very helpful. There was room to move about the different food options, you weren't fighting lines or facing empty chafing dishes.

Aria has salads, veggies, fruit, a well-stocked meat station, Indian, Chinese, pho, Mediterranean, both cold and hot seafood, paella, Italian.... it goes on and on. I decided to do three "courses" and then a dessert round. On the first round I did meats and comfort food. Should have done this last, but the prime rib looked way too good, and it did not disappoint. Cooked perfectly with nice marbling, great au jus to match. The grilled veggies were hard and fairly bland, mashed potatoes were too rich for me but my wife thought they were wonderful.

Second round I did seafood (both cold and hot) and paella. Oh my, I could eat their paella for days! The mussels were especially good. The only problem was that there were a lot of small bits of shell in the paella, so be careful with children eating it. Both of us preferred the hot seafood over the cold.

Third round I tried the beef pho, dim sum, and a little of the beef stir fry. They have a pho bar - you pick out your noodles and meat (they come prepared), pour hot soup over it, then you can add things like limes, bean sprouts, chilis, jalapeno, green onion, soy sauce, etc. While the meat was very high quality, and the noodles cooked well, I was disappointed not to see hoisin sauce or thai basil as options for toppings. The dim sum was delicious, especially the shrimp and scallops. I wouldn't get the beef stir fry again, it was pretty fatty and Americanized.

I couldn't imagine eating more, but I did go through the desserts. So many choices! I love that they make them very small so that you can try a lot, rather than committing to a large piece and throwing food away or only picking a few. The gelato looked amazing (they have a whole gelato wheel!), and my wife said the coconut mango one was very tasty. The server suggested she try it with the bread pudding, but we didn't have time. I chose the cannoli, tiramisu, flan, a raspberry cream tart, and a few zebra popcorn pieces. All were easily the best I'd had in Vegas, but if I had to pick one, I'd say I preferred the tiramisu.

We can't wait to come back!

5  Thank Alesha D
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Even though we came late, the food was fresh and the presentation absolutely tantalizing! Would definitely return as service was also impecabble.

1  Thank Mary Rose H
Reviewed 24 June 2018

The waiter we had was very nice, energetic, and very helpful.

We went in for dinner and there was an illusive oyster dish that never seem to come out of have enough. Myself and my wife would ask for it but we kept on getting the same response from the people who were behind the line who were supposed to be cooking it and resupplying it just like the crab legs.

I took my time and saw that there were a few of the oysters in a pan on top of the stove covered so that guests do not see it. I asked for it and the server did not look happy that I saw it when he gave it to me. It seemed like he was saving it for himself.

The price of the dinner was not cheap and you have servers hiding food?