“Great”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$79,99*
and up
Wayne Newton: Up Close and Personal at Bally's...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a magical evening with the legend, Mr. Las Vegas, Wayne Newton. This show, unlike any he has ever done before is very intimate, as he engages with the audience by answering questions and shares stories from his life in Las Vegas. Newton sings crowd favorites, and plays an assortment of the many instruments he has perfected. Don't miss this show when in Las Vegas.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 2 April 2018

What a great show. Two hours long and just remarkable as Mr. Las Vegas thrilled us all. His singing, story telling and reminiscing. Just a great show and very inexpensive.

LvGypz, Guest Relations Manager at Wayne Newton: Up Close and Personal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Unknowndiner,

Thank you so much for attending the show and for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the format of his story telling and reminiscing of years gone by.

We do hope you will return in the near future.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"vegas vacation"
"frank sinatra"

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I was in town on business with another retired military guy and we were simply trying to make the most of the opportunity. What better than to go see Mr. Las Vegas, right?! We simply thought it would be "okay." We could not have been more wrong! This was a wonderful, entertaining, touching, personal ENCOUNTER with Wayne. It was like he was in our living room, singing to us. Look, I am a Springsteen fan--he connects. But Wayne Newton took connecting with the crowd to a whole new level. He stepped into the small crowd and sang to a birthday girl; he called a couple of young children up on stage and sang to them; he shook our hands and looked into our eyes and took us for a walk down memory lane. Not previously on my bucket list, but certainly should have been.

Dear BcOneSeven,.

Wow, what a wonderful and truthful review. Admitting that it would be "Okay" and than claiming it was way more than that. Thank you so much for sharing that with others.

Mr. Newton is so thrilled that you would take a chance and spend the evening with him. He is truly touched to be able to share his time with you.

You are so correct. Mr. Newton truly CONNECTS with everyone. He is sincerely interested in others, as you experienced. Thank you for pointing that out. That quality is rare and especially in Entertainers.

Again we are so happy that you would come and experience the show. Thank you.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

If you are unfamiliar with this legend, keep looking.

Wayne Newton is an icon and true performer. He gave 110% at our show. I really appreciated how he made a personal connection with individuals in the audience. I learned new things and kept entertained. I walked away with more respect for Mr. Newton.

The venue is small and it’s true there is not a bad view of the stage. I can’t say “not a bad seat” because my seat was uncomfortable and we were packed like sardines. I think the nice lady behind me had restless leg syndrome and kept hitting my chair. Glad we saw the show, however, once is enough for me.

Dear Gotta Run,

Thank you so much for taking the time to see the show, and for the review. I must admit, your rating is confusing, because your written message is so strong as to you having a wonderful evening at the show.

Thank you for recognizing that Mr. Newton give all he has plus, as you stated, he gave 110%. Thank you for stating that he makes personal connects with individuals - so true, and not so common these days. Mr. Newton is truly interested in everyone he touches along the way, he is so genuine and has a heart of gold.

Mr. Newton is touched that you would spending an evening with him and he thanks you from the bottom of his heart.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I Have Waited my whole life to see this man. I did not think I could become a Wayniac ,but I stand here today to declare I Am I Am I Am! What a great Show. My favorite in Vegas. Thanks for the memory Wayne! One of my favorite cowboys and one of the last gentleman left. I will return

4  Thank Danacox1

Dear Danacox1

We so can't wait for you to return. What a fantastic choice you made...a new Wayniac!

Mr. Newton is so pleased you enjoyed the show he wrote. He is truly touched that you would choose to see his show, and spend the evening with him.

Thank you so much for the kind review, and we can't wait for you to return.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2018

My wife and I attended this show more out of curiosity than any other factor. We have noted Wayne Newton's career for many years, going all the way back to his appearance on the Jackie Gleason Show in the early 60s. We have seen him perform live several times, in Las Vegas and Hampton Beach, NH (of all places).

The last live performance we saw (prior to the show about which this review is written) was at the Stardust Hotel around 2000. Wayne was "Four Walling" (meaning he was renting the show room; he was not hired by the casino) the place. That show was entertaining, although most of that entertainment was provided by Wayne's supporting cast of singers and other entertainers. It was clear then that Wayne's singing abilities had long left him - yet he tried anyway. Remember, this was more than 15 years ago.

We've been in and around Bally's frequently over the last two years, so we couldn't help but notice the ads for the "Up Close and Personal" show. Aided by 2 for 1 tickets, compliments of of nice folks at Caesars Entertainment, we said, "what the hell."

Wayne's "never say die" spirit is on full display during the performance in the "Windows" Showroom. Those quotes are appropriate because the room has no windows! If the room seats more than 100, I'd be surprised; it appeared that small. But whether staging the performance in such a small venue is an attempt truly to create an intimate setting, or it's simply all the seats he can fill these days, the end result is an experience in which Wayne Newton IS "up close and personal" to the audience.

The show itself is an entertaining review of his career; mostly the highlights, but a couple of the lowlights, and I give the man credit for a credible review of his career. Featured are some archival footage from television appearances through the years, as well as many of Wayne's show business stories.

He has a guest hostess who helps keep things going, and a couple of on stage musicians to provide some spark. Yes, he does try to crank out some tunes, and he probably shouldn't, but aren't we all suckers for a little more "Danke Schoen?"

All in all, a good show and worth your time.

2  Thank B2476NQbriand

Dear B2476NQbriand,

Thank you so much for attending the show, and for the review.

We are so happy that you had a great time, and would recommend it to others.