“Loved this trail”
Review of Flume Trail

Flume Trail
More attraction details
Owner description: Picturesque and narrow dirt bike trail with views of Lake Tahoe.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I ran just over 12 miles of this trail and loved it. We had to take another trail for the first 2.5 miles before it turned into the Flume Trail. Wish I would've had the energy to run the entire thing. By far the best looking trail I have run.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"beginners"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Gorgeous scenery and a good cardio workout. Awesome views of Monkey Rock and the lake from a mostly easy trail. Some loop sections will wear-out even the most energetic Border Collies!

2  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Some brave souls bike this trail, I hiked it one-way, with a car shuttle with a friend. There are outfitters who shuttle bikers, and I imagine they would shuttle hikers as well. The trail clings to the side of steep drop-off in some places which could be disconcerting if you are afraid of heights. But it is rightly known as one of the most beautiful trails in the area.

3  Thank Beth R
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

My sister and I reserved bikes through Flume Trail Bikes which is at the base of Tunnel Creek. The team was great and very friendly and were happy to help find the right bikes for us.

They offer multiple shuttles throughout the day to the different trail options. We took Incline Flume to the actual Flume Trail and it was one of the most spectacular views I’ve ever seen. The trail is not necessarily well marked. The team gave us good directions and turns to look out for, but I still recommend downloading the all trails app.

We are not the most skilled bikers relative to some of the mountain bikers we encountered but we were still able to do the trail and had a blast. The climb is challenging but also manageable. When you finally get to the Flume it is a thrill for any adrenaline seeker. It’s very narrow and can be scary at times. It was my favorite part of my trip to Lake Tahoe. The trail is downhill the last three miles and ends at the shop.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This trail is amazing, and proper gear and preparation is essential to a successful run. This trail is moderate for mountain bikers, but can be very challenging for those who do not mountain bike. We started at Spooner Lake State Park. The trail requires a 1000' vertical climb within the first 4 miles, which would be a challenge for even the enthusiast. Bring 2 liters of water per person, and snacks or lunch, as the entire trail run will take between 3-5 hours. Once you reach Marlette Lake the amazing views begin, and beyond the lake the trail becomes more challenging and fun, with breathtaking views of Lake Tahoe. I highly recommend this run, and would also recommend renting bikes and getting a shuttle from Flume Trail Mountain Bikes - these guys really know what they're doing, and are very helpful with top-notch gear.

2  Thank Jim Y