eDreams
Priceline
Agoda.com
StayForLong
All reviews death valley small town room was clean flat screen tv coffee maker parking lot pleasant stay wi fi road trip refrigerator beds motel heater exterior conditioner pet hair
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Beatty for a few nights while visiting Death Valley. This is a nice, very clean and recently updated/renovated motel. We enjoyed our stay. Beatty is a very small town, so there are not a lot of options. We were extremely happy that all rooms are non smoking. The room had a mini fridge and microwave, comfy beds and a large shower. The hotel staff were very nice and it was quiet. Not a lot of eating options in Beatty, but we would highly recommend the Smokin’ J’s BBQ restaurant adjacent to the hotel. It was super yummy!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2021

We took a chance on this trip to Death Valley, foregoing the park hotels which were 3x the price. We were a little concerned on arrival, the exterior isn't the most inviting, but were pleasantly surprised to find the recent reviews on this property are correct; the recent renovation has made this a little gem, and a great value just over a half hour from the main sights in Death Valley. The beds and pillows were the most comfortable of our road trip (in more expensive hotels). The room was clean with no hotel/cleaning odors (although the lobby wasn't quite as nice). There is a good restaurant on the premises. From a value perspective, the exchange is definitely 5 star, but overall, very good and recommended.

Room tip: Downstairs if you have luggage; no elevators.
Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank john_northbay
Reviewed 7 December 2020

This place is just as advertised; clean, recently renovated, friendly staff. The room was spacious and everything worked perfectly. Good beds, good shower with good head/flow and almost instant hot water. Flat screen TV was easy to use and decent size for the room. I'd certainly stay again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 26 November 2020 via mobile

As advertised, the rooms have all been renovated and there is Wi-Fi. They are very large, clean, and had all the necessities (fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and flatscreen TV). My bed was super comfy and I appreciated the warm showers with great water pressure after long days in Death Valley National Park. The front desk girl was also very nice. There are a few restaurants (burger/pizza/breakfast/BBQ/bar type) and a coffee/latte place "on wheels" within walking distance. I did not use the AC or heater so cannot comment. There is also a gas station across the street with much better prices than in the park. The only negative: while they provide shampoo, soap and coffee, I did miss the usual lotion and conditioner. It's totally minor but I had forgotten how hard/painful it is to brush out wet hair without conditioner. Great value!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank FlowersontheTable
Reviewed 21 September 2020

I was a bit hesitant pulling in to the parking lot because there is a lot of construction and the hotel is not noteworthy from the outside. Staff were polite, kind, and personable at check-in.

My room was so modern, clean, spacious...and well furnished and appointed. It was really a nice surprise and they also allowed my pet. Room had nice flat screen with good stations, newer (and very clean) fridge and microwave and a coffee maker with free coffee. The bed was very soft and had a very nice comforter and perfect pillows.

I would not hesitate to stay here again...in fact, will make a point to do so.

The lobby was under construction...figured by how nice the rooms are they are upgrading.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank mlotto7
Exchange Club, General Manager at Exchange Club Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2020

Hello, I would like to thank you for sharing your honest opinion! We recently remodeled our property and all of our rooms are now all new, clean, fresh and very comforting. The owner is currently in process of restoring an old casino that is in the same parking lot as our motel so there is a bit construction debris from time to time. Here soon tho it will be completed and will be open for business as a steampunk coffee shop and casino. We are also under new management as well and have been striving to see that each and every one of our guest has the best experience while visiting our property. We are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and was more than satisfied with your choice. We look forward to having you as our guest again here in the near future. Have a wonderful day!!

Thank You!!