“peace and tranquility”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge area
looking to the left from front verandah Lounge area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lounge area
looking to the left from front verandah
view from front verandah
sun rays on Ball Bay beach looking towards Cape Hillsborough
kitchen area
Patio area
standing on front verandah towards beach
front verandah
street view
Ball Bay beach during low tide
Visiting kookaburra
Horse riders enjoying our beach
View from verandah
2nd bedroom with beachfront views
Wander down for some fishing off the beach
3rd bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

pspinksch...
Claygate, United Kingdom
“peace and tranquility”
Reviewed 14 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Wonderful North Queensland location where nature comes to your door. Fantastic beach and surrounding area offering peace and tranquility. Great family friendly beach house. Can't wait to come back!

14 Jan 2017
Thanks Paula for your lovely review. It is always pleasing to be able to showcase our small piece of paradise to our guests from other parts of the world. We hope that you do return one day.
Kerry M
Gladstone, Australia
“A wonderful, inviting and relaxing experience.”
Reviewed 30 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I can not speak highly enough of the complete experience we had in this little piece of paradise. Accommodation was wonderful, the location is pure magic and the hospitality shown by the owners is warm and inviting. Thank you for allowing us to share this.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
1 Dec 2016
It always heart warming to receive such positive reviews. Sounds like you love it just as much as us
sharonber...
Townsville, Australia
“A great place to relax and unwind.”
Reviewed 18 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

My Partner surprised me with a weeks holiday for my 48th birthday two years ago at this beautiful beach house. We were travelling from Mackay to Townsville and he told me that he had to drop some things off to a friend who was holidaying at a house in Ball Bay. When we got there the house was vacant and my partner got the keys and started opening the door. I anxiously told him that we can't just walk into someone's house and that's when he told me it was my birthday surprise. The best gift ever. Very lucky lady. So we decided to go back this month to celebrate my 50th with family and friends. Another brilliant birthday shared with loved ones. The lounge on the verandah just consumes you while you sit and stare aimlessly at the beach. Waking up in the morning (mid morning) to the sound of the waves rolling in and the peace and quite is incredible. Our dogs had plenty of room in the yard and enjoyed their swims at the beach.
We spent many hours on the lounge planning the day to find ourselves many hours later still sitting there. It is the best piece of paradise to unwind and relax. Sue (owner) has been very welcoming and friendly on both occasions. I thoroughly recommend this house if you want a stress free peaceful holiday.We look forward to our next booking.

Liked best: the beach
Liked least: no dislikes at all
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
18 Nov 2016
What a lovely review, thank you. It has been a pleasure on each occasion to have you both stay and so glad that your family and friends were also able to enjoy our small piece of paradise this time around. Hope you had a fantastic 50th birthday
ScottM399...
“Great value & property.”
Reviewed 3 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Good property & proprietor was great to deal with ! Great location with all the necessary items to make an ideal holiday.

Travelling group: Extended Family
5 Nov 2016
Thanks so much for a lovely review. Glad you both enjoyed your stay at beautiful Ball Bay
Joce1968
Mackay, Australia
“A Little Piece of Paradise”
Reviewed 30 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Ball Bay Beach House is a a very special holiday experience. Right from when you walk through the gate onto the wide welcoming veranda all you feel is peace and tranquility. I spent many hours sipping wine in the comfy lounge just reading a good book and listening the sounds of the waves crashing in. It is the best sleep I have ever had as you can hear those gorgeous relaxing waves all night as well. Because of where the home is situated, on a large corner block you get a feeling that you are all alone with the beautiful old paperbark gum trees and then straight to the secluded Ball Bay which is steps away from the house. My teenage children were completely safe to wander, explore and go fishing until they were hungry! It reminds me of back in the 70's when you didn't need to lock doors and could play all day until sunset. I got up especially one morning to watch the sunrise as my son got ready to go on an early morning fishing trip which was wonderful. He came home with a large flathead which we cooked for lunch.
Ball Bay Beach House is very pet friendly. My little maltese terrier loved the whole experience as you are able to let your dog run freely from time to time on the beach. The owner was very understanding about my dog's needs which was most appreciated. She was safe on the deck which has lockable gates and loved watching all the wildlife such as curlews and wallabies.
The house itself was well equipped so you could easily organise meals and had nice comfortable beds. A shop is only 5 minutes drive away in nearby Seaforth. Lovely Teahouse down the road if you would like to sample home made morning tea or lunch.
I would highly recommend this property for anyone wishing to get time out to relax and unwind, away from their busy working lives. A couple of days here was not enough so I booked again for a week at Christmas!
Well done on an amazing, soothing location!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful view from the veranda and the sound of the ocean all day and night!
Liked least: There was nothing I didn't like about this property
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
30 Sep 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review and we welcome your return visit in December. So glad that your family and Donna the maltese enjoyed time out at Ball Bay
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing