“Wonderful”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Seattle_D...
Seattle
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 20 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful stay here. We arrived to a clean and fresh cabin, with fruit and cookies to greet us. Great layout, helpful information, and a nice response to a question I'd emailed. Terrific view and easy access to streams and other activities. Loved the screened-in porch and ate our meals out there, enjoying the mountain and meadow view. We've stayed in several cabins in Montana, and this is the best one. We'll be back for sure. Thanks for the warm Montana hospitality!

Your age range 50-64
msdj
Beaverton, OR
“Would Rate This Stay As 3.5 Stars”
Reviewed 11 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We have stayed here a couple of times and have always had no problem rating it 5 stars.
This stay, I would have to rate it at 3.5 stars due to the overuse of scented products, otherwise it would be another 5 star stay.

There was an odor when we walked in but we didn't think anything of it at 1st. It turned out to be coming from the pantry where the 3 bins, plus another 2 bins worth, of cleaning products are stored. Everything was scented, even the Swiffer Sweeper refills.
The next day, we left to get groceries and left the windows open because it was a cool day. When we got back, we could smell all those cleaning products in the pantry when we got within a foot of the front porch. We ended up bagging everything in heavy duty garbage bags and putting a bowl of white vinegar in the pantry to help absorb the odors.

The bed was the worst though. We had been there a few hours and I gave the pillows a sniff and got an instant runny nose and migraine. I've never been particularly sensitive to scent, I can spend time in laundry product and air freshener aisles with no problem at stores. I ended up stripping the bed but the smell had soaked through the bedding and into the mattresses. I found a sheet, blanket, and 2 pillows in the closet that didn't have the scent on it and tried to get bedding washed before bed. I was spraying the mattress with something to try to get rid of the odor but, once we went to bed, our body heat caused a fresh release of the odor. Even after taking 2 kinds of allergy meds and Advil, I couldn't breathe laying in bed and I felt like my eardrums were going to pop. I had to put coffee beans in my pillow case to help cover up enough of the smell to get a few hours of exhaustion-induced sleep. It took several days but I was able to get enough of the smell removed from the bed to be able to get some decent sleep.

The washing of the bedding went badly for a day or so. Even running the bedding through 4 or 5 times with just plain water, there was always some soap residue left in the washer. I have a front loader so I decided to see if there was soap stuck in the seal. No soap but I cleaned a lot of slime and mildew out of the seal. I would include pictures but I’m not getting that option. I also pulled out the soap/bleach/softener dispenser to clean and found a 1.5-2" ball of soap powder/fabric softener stuck under the dispenser. Every time the washer pulled water through the dispenser, it was adding a little soap so the laundry was never actually being rinsed clean. Once I got that cleaned out, it took 2-3 washes without soap for a load of sheets to not leave a soap residue and 5 washes without soap for towels and blankets.

The bedding smell was due to a brand new fabric softener scent being used for our stay. The housekeeper had my husband sniff it to see if that was the scent that was so strong and he developed an immediate runny nose and migraine from sniffing the bottle. The bedding is also sprayed with another scented product after drying.
The housekeeper was fabulous though and made sure we had a comforter and tried to do everything she could to take care of the problem. I also let her know how to clean the washer to prevent the problems I found and to leave the washer door and dispenser open after doing the last load. The amount of mildew and slime from the seal had to have accumulated over a period of many, many, many months.

Once we got the odor issue under control, which involved finding an almost impossible to find odor neutralizer that was unscented, the stay was a 5 star one.
The housekeeper even leaves fresh baked chocolate chip cookies on check-in day.
The house was the cleanest we have seen it, which is not easy with all the dust and bugs.

I would love to see the housekeeper provided with more unscented cleaning products. So many places are recognizing that people may have sensitivities, aversions, or allergies (including very severe allergies) to scents that it was surprising to see how many different scented cleaners and products were being used here.
The house smelled great after we got most of the scents neutralized - like hay and clean, fresh air, it was a shame that it was being covered up with so many scents.

We would also like warn guests about the people who are doing gopher control for the ranch. We saw a local honey company truck out every Friday shooting gophers with a .22 rifle, sounded like .22 Hornet ammunition. Shooting gophers with a .22 rifle is common.
But they were sitting in their honey truck, parked right on or slowly driving down the county road, illegally shooting. Sometimes they were shooting across the road.
When we were 1st getting there, we almost got shot when they pulled off the road, leaving room for us to get by, then stuck a rifle out the window and shot across the road when we were even with the back of their truck - another 1-2 seconds and we would have had a bullet go through our vehicle.
The 1st year we stayed there, the 2 people who were doing gopher control would park on ranch property and shoot from outside the vehicle.
It was also interesting seeing water spraying out of the main lines in spots where there were no leaks before the honey guys came through shooting our 2nd Friday there.

I would definitely stay again but would make sure I bring plenty of scent-free odor neutralizing products with me just in case.

msdj
Beaverton, OR
“Away From It All”
Reviewed 14 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This was our 2nd stay here in 2 years, both stays lasted 12 nights or more.

The Property: Accessed via a dirt road, has a dirt driveway, surrounded by the ranch property. There is a small watered lawn area, with gophers and rabbits, and sits next to the irrigation ditch. You can see a couple of houses but they are far enough away that you have plenty of privacy.
Your nearest neighbors are antelope, deer, and cows.
Being so far from any pavement and surrounded by hay fields means it cools off quickly once the sun goes down, even if it's 100 degrees that day.

The Cabin: Very clean, well-stocked kitchen, fairly comfortable albeit tall bed, plenty of towels, covered front porch, and a screened in front porch to allow you to sit outside and not be eaten alive by mosquitoes.
We have never had to buy anything but food while staying here. A small selection of spices, flour, and sugar has always been in the cabin.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location away from civilization
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Older travelers People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Missouri
Reviewed 3 September 2010 for a stay in August 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Michigan
Reviewed 24 August 2010 for a stay in August 2010

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing