“Awesome atmosphere, good food, great service”
Review of Pompey’s Grill

Pompey’s Grill
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Three Forks
Price range: US$8 - US$42
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here at the Sacajawea Hotel we have two great spots for you to enjoy food or drink in our beautiful setting. Stop into Pompey's Grill or Sacajawea Bar & Diner and try any one of our great dishes. After dinner head down to the Sacajawea Bar for a drink, a game of poker, or live music and dancing. No matter what you are looking for, we have you covered. Our dining room at Pompey's Grill features an extensive menu sure to please the most discriminating palette. Big Certified Angus Beef Steaks are on the menu, all hand-cut by our Executive Chef who then fires them hot on a wood smoke grill. Our wine list is extensive, with many varietals from different regions, all paired to complement the cuisine. Our casual watering hole, the Sacajawea Bar, is the place to be. Lively conversation, a bar menu, and live music on the weekends are the reasons why our downstairs bar is so popular. The 100 year old clear fir boards that once graced the floor of the Front Porch were re-purposed as wainscoting on the walls, and the old porch railings are now where you rest your boots while bellying up to the bar. Gaming machines and a Live Poker Room, which doubles as a meeting space, are ready for when the mood strikes. The Hotel was brought back to life in 2010, this Historic Gem is celebrating in Grand Style. From top to bottom, we have made every effort to ensure a comfortable and unique experience for all of our guests. Whether you are here for the afternoon or a week, you will be welcomed by our staff and made to feel like family.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is one of our go to favorites. The staff is awesome and the food is great. It can get a little spendy. Make sure to walk around and read up on the history of the building, it’s a classic.

MT-JAH, Manager at Pompey’s Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your honest feedback and value your continued business!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the shrimp cocktail and calamari starters through the lamb, steak, and crab legs, to the banana sticky toffee pudding, everything that came to our table was perfectly cooked, seasoned, and presented. This is truly one of the best places to eat in the Gallatin Valley.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Based on the amazing dinner we celebrated for my wife birthday, we came here for our anniversary. It's a 120 mile round trip. Disappointed with our return visit. The Pork Porterhouse was ordered rare+. Came more like medium. Also, the "Cajun"-type seasoning was waaayyy too heavy. I didn't finish it. I had this same dish last time and it was cooked and spiced perfectly. My wife tried the sole stuffed with lobster. Sounds good, right. Except it also was overcooked. Sole is a light fish that turns rubbery very easily. Finally, shared the toffee-salted-caramel dessert. It was amazing...right up to the moment when we both ate the topping and reached for the water...EXTREMELY salty. Burned our mouthes. Can still taste the salt hours later. I did not make a fuss at the table as my wife wanted us to make the most of our anniversary dinner. I'm both surprised and disappointed with our experience, especially since the March visit was so memorable. Different chef? Careless with the seasoning and the preparation? Who knows? 3 strikes and you're out?

MT-JAH, Manager at Pompey’s Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your special occasion. I am saddened to hear that your experience did not live up to your expectations and our standards. We appreciate all feedback given, whether good or bad, as it helps up to continually grow, train and cater to our valued clientele. We take pride in quality food and excellent service, we have had the same Chef since opening in 2010. Please feel free to contact me so that we may discuss your experience firsthand, I look forward to hearing from you!
~Jenae Israel, Dining Room Manager 406-285-6515

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We were in Bozeman for the day and decided to stop in for a last minute dinner Saturday night. We’ve heard great things about this restaurant but had never been.

Wow, are we glad we stopped! Ahi Tuna, halibut and the NY Strip were our three dinner choices. All three were terrific but my wife’s steak with their homemade steak sauce won us all over. We are a family of beef eaters and this was one of the best steaks we have ever had.

We even decided to spend the night; again on a whim. This place is well worth the stop. Amazing spot!!

1  Thank Glenn B
SacGM, General Manager at Pompey’s Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Glenn,

Thanks for making us your staycation, we appreciate all your excellent feedback

Reviewed 29 March 2018

For my wife's birthday, I took her to Pompey's Grill at the historic Sacajawea Hotel.
We had an amazing dinner with very professional service by Theodore. I had the Pork Porterhouse which was the best I ever had. Cooked perfectly and with wonderful seasonings. My wife had the Bison short ribs.....jaw-dropping flavor. This is our go-to spot when we want exceptional dining. My only suggestion is that the decor is very bland. Needs some color, artwork, something to liven up the vibe and match the quality of the menu. Very sterile.

SacGM, General Manager at Pompey’s Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Gerronimo,

Happy Birthday to your wife & thanks for this excellent feedback! We appreciate your suggestion on the decor.