All reviewsrestaurants and shopsbeds were comfortablepark entrancegreat locationplace to staycoffeemakerlinensriveryellowstone
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

This place was grossly overpriced. First, the “bathroom” was incredibly small. There was a toilet and the smallest shower I have ever seen. The room had an air conditioner but no windows that opened — no fresh air. As a result, we had to run the noisy conditioner all night. The maid service was spotty. The coffee wasn’t replaced and the cups left unwashed. This place was a Motel 6 at Four Seasons’ prices.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Easy check in, Friendly people, great location to Yellowstone. 3 blocks from park entrance. 2 blocks from main street. 100 feet from restaurant/bar. We stayed in what they called a river suite, walked out onto private deck with stools and sat and looked down at river. Comfortable and quaint. Suites are small for couples. I would say family should go condo. between midrange and luxery priced (depending on time of year)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Well the kitchen was nice - modern and well equipped. Other than that I didn't really like this place too much. We were on the ground floor, without much of a view, and the 'master bedroom' didn't actually have a window (unless you count a tiny skylight at the top of one wall). The bathroom, despite being quite spacious, had a stupidly small shower. There should have been sufficient parking outside for all the suites on the ground floor but the lot was often full, which makes me think random people just park their cars there. Instead of a key, they give you a number combination to open the front door. From the one they give you it's really easy to guess the numbers of the other suites, so we were quite worried someone would let themselves in. The housekeepers don't bother to make the beds up for you. The worst place we stayed on our holiday. A friend of mine stayed at the Best Western in Gardiner and loved it - wish we'd stayed there instead.

Room Tip: The upper floor looked like it had more light
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rosiefromlondon
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We booked the hotel over the phone and received some nice advise about places to see in Yellowstone. The whole family was very excited about the trip. Fast forward two weeks before check in, and I receive an automated email from the hotel, stating guests must check in before 9pm, otherwise you might not be able to. This was more than a bit disconcerting. Nonetheless, about 7pm the night we were due to check in, I was able to get cell phone reception while stopping for gas near Canyonland. At that point I called the hotel and spoke to the owner stating we might be cutting it close to the 9pm deadline. The proprietor politely stated please try to arrive as close to or before 9pm as possible. Anyway we grabbed a bite as quickly as possible and maid our way through the mountain pass, which was covered with snow and slow moving. As luck would have it we reached Mamouth Hot Springs (and cell phone reception) around 8:45 only to receive a text from the person manning the front desking, which reach "Guests who check arrive after 9pm would receive a $50 late check in fee. This is completely absurd given my efforts for forewarn them of the situation. Upon arrival there was nothing to discuss other than have us sign some paperwork, oh and they gave me a 4 digit code which was used to unlock the door. Why not just give me that in the first place? As for the room, it was recently renovated. The bathroom was ungodly small. While fairly clean (with the exception of somebody's left over cue tip under the bed) my overall first impression and hence this review was completely tainted by the unsettling check in policy. Furthermore the hotel was overpriced in my opinion. Over $200 per night was not at all worth it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LSItech
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Overall, the condo is greatly situated a few blocks from the Yellowstone North Gate and within easy walks to restaurants and shops in Gardiner.

The owner was very helpful and upon arrival, he took the time to walk me through the condo to show me the amenities.

The condo itself was in good condition (furnishing, kitchen appliances, etc). It looked nice, but once you starting living in the space, you realized its missing things to make one's stay comfortable.

For example, the one bath only had one towel bar on the wall and a 3 prong towel holder over the door...this for a 2 bedboom condo hosting 4 adults. We were all given a bath towel, hand towel and washcloth, but no where to hang / store 4 sets of linens. The bedrooms didn't have any shelving, aside from 1 top shelf in their large closets that ran the length of the walls. Our closet only provided 8 hangers so we had to choose between hanging our clothes or our wet towels.

Another example -- the only mirrors were in the bathroom and 1 full length mirror in the common living room. If there were hanging mirrors on the walls of the bedrooms, one could get ready in the morning without having to monopolize the only bathroom, or in the common living space.

The nicely appointed kitchen (with stainless steel appliances) lacked some basic dishes and didn't provide a toaster nor ice maker. Seriously, the dishes provided were as follows: 5 cereal bowls, 7 dinner plates, and 2 lunch plates...again, we had 4 adults in our party and the condo could accommodate more people as the common living area had a pull out bed in the sofa.

Overall, this place has wonderful potential if the owners would invest a bit more in the materials they provide there guests. I strongly suggest that the owners live in the space with 4 folks for a few days to see how a few inexpensive additions would improve the overall quality of the experience.

For the price charged, I would not come back as the condos are outfitted during our stay. But, the location can not be beat.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family