“Take the Blackfeet history tour with Darrell!!”

Lodgepole Gallery and Tipi Village
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was one of the highlights of our trip to Glacier. Darrell has an art gallery, tipis to stay in, and also offers a tour of the Blackfeet reservation. He gave us an incredible tour and taught us some of the recent history of the Blackfeet. It is about three hours, and it was one of the best afternoons on our trip. It rounds out the history provided by the park service. My favorite part was when Darrell shared some of the traditional Blackfeet stories, including the creation myth, which was beautiful. I cannot recommend the history tour enough - do it, you won't regret it!

All reviews
"jewelry"
in 3 reviews
"campfire"

Reviewed 24 September 2017

The Tipi was exactly like I expected. Very basic. Glad I did it. The breakfast that was prepared for us was awesome. Highly recommend getting the breakfast!

2  Thank donaldwrowe
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Our afternoon with Darrell was a highlight of our time in Montana. He generously shared his knowledge and experience, helping us to understand the history and present issues of the Blackfeet community. We felt very fortunate to be driving through the reservation with Darrell providing insight and understanding about the complex history of the area.
We highly recommend this tour for families.
Thank you Darrell!

4  Thank NJFamilyAdventures
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Darrell was very friendly, professional, and accommodating during my visit. I took the Blackfeet history tour with him which was interesting and informative. I also went on the full day horseback ride and really enjoyed that as well. The Lodgepole Gallery on site is well-stocked with beautiful Native American art. I purchased a ceremonial pipe that was just gorgeous. Definitely a highlight of my trip to Montana!

1  Thank john m
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2017

i traveled with my sister and my mother and hoped to experience this unique experience. It was truly unique. The night sky was fantastic and the view was spectacular. We rented the sleeping bags and temps got down to the mid 40's. The fire was definitely needed and knowing how to build a good one helps. (BTW bring a lighter, there was not one in the tent,) My biggest concern was the landscape. The walk from the bathhouse and common area down to the tipis was steep and ridden with gopher holes. Luckily there is a porta-potty down at the bottom if you need to go in the middle of the night. Bringing a flashlight is must if you're outside at all at night. There are also no chairs in the tipi, you need to sit on the floor. So if you have difficulty getting up and down, you may want to look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a cool experience, go for it.

1  Thank ditch696