“Amazing food. Great service!”
Review of Vadasz Etterem

Vadasz Etterem
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Repashuta
Cuisines: Hungarian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went here for my birthday dinner. The restaurant made it very special - white tablecloths, and centerpieces.
The food was delicious - and the portions enormous. It was enough for two meals.
The desserts were great too - we went back the next day for more dessert!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

More delicious dishes with the game.
Good interior with bear skin on the wall. (Cannot pay with cards).

Reviewed 26 July 2017

It's very good value for the money. They have big portions and tasty dishes. The deer dishes are made from local meat and they are very tasty. If you are travelling or hiking in the area this place definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

We've eaten here 5 or 6 times now and unfortunately won't be returning.
The last time my wife and I we were there the food just wasn't quite up to it.
Our most recent visit was on the Saturday of Easter weekend 2017. After spending the day visiting several attractions nearby we decided to stop for dinner at around 6pm. Due to the number of tourists in the area I expected the restaurant to be quite busy but only 4 tables were occupied. Some of the decor is looking a little tired with the wild boar skin coming off the wall in our booth. The waitress was pleasant and polite and we ordered our drinks and meals.
I was quite surprised at how quickly our food arrived. My wife and I had ordered similar meals. Unfortunately, the venison and sauces on both our plates were barely luke warm. They were tasty but really should have been warmer. I approached the kitchen hatch and politely tried to get the attention of anyone in the kitchen but no-one answered me, even though there were a couple of kitchen staff only 3 metres away. Eventually, one of the waitresses emerged and I ponted out to her that our food was not warm enough. She apologised and took our plates away and returned them 5 minutes later still no warmer. I don't what she did but the meat and sauces were not removed from the plates so they weren't warmed in the oven or in a pan and the plates weren't hot so they weren't warmed in a microwave. My guess is that she didn't do anything.
We would have had another drink and a dessert but were so disappointed with the food and service we decided to leave. We pointed out to the waitress that the food was still barely luke warm and that we wouldn't be returning. She apologised again but didn't offer an explanation.
It's not the place it used to be.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

It is a great location in a small village and serves great food. It is pretty noisy at night with people leaving the bar though