“A quiet lunch in Webster Groves”
Review of Llywelyn's Pub

Llywelyn's Pub
Cuisines: Irish, Scottish, British
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On a warm June day I met some friends at Llywelyn's in Downtown Webster Groves. They have out door seating but it was a little warm for us. The Pub has a varied menu with some popular Irish food items. The prices were moderate and the service excellent. Plenty of parking behind the Pub if the street parking is taken. Next time your looking for a nice place in Webster you can not go wrong with Llywelyn's.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere is excellent, but it needs to be. 3 straight trips for lunch that have lasted well over an hour...and we know what we want to order. The Spring Salad is excellent. Buffalo Chicken sandwich and flatbread are both great. Need sides. Patio seating of weather is nice.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I made reservations for a party of 7 for a Saturday evening. When we arrived we were shown to our table immediately. A friendly waitress took our drink orders and brought them promptly. We started with some Pub Pretzel appetizers. Bonnie, the waitress, didn't rush us for our food orders and checked back three times before we were ready to order. The food selection is good ( check the on line menu ) and was prepared to everyone's satisfaction. Several in our group had burger meals, I had the Shepherd's Pie and a salad. The portion was very generous, one of us had the Chicken Llywelyn, someone had the Steak & Cheese, and another ordered the Tilapia Poor Boy. All come with choice of sides. The drink selection is huge and the beer was cold. One of our group has a gluten intolerance and they accommodated him with no problem and made menu suggestions for him. The restaurant is handicap accessible from the front entrance but the rear entrance has steps I am told. This is a sports pub with lots of screens so expect some noise - but it was not hard to hold a conversation at our table.

1  Thank Optimistic_Otto
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I'll just keep this brief. We went out to dinner on Saturday night. We were a large party. The restaurant was NOT packed. We were nearby and were checking in to see when we should come. When we were told we were next to be seated, we went directly there. It then took over an hour to be seated. After ordering, it took another HOUR to get our food. We were all starving and cranky. I had ordered a turkey sandwich and a salad. After everyone else at the table had been served, a waiter came to me and apologized and said my turkey would take a while longer and offered to bring me "anything else" I'd like to eat while I wait. That was a kind offer, but it would have been basic common sense to just bring me my salad. Which I asked for and got. But the wait times in that place were ridiculous, even for a large party on a Saturday night. The food I ordered was average. I don't know how others felt about theirs. My companions felt bad seeing me sit there without food while they ate (which I encouraged them to do) and this prompted them to start talking about the restaurant and they mentioned that this type of poor service has been happening a lot lately. They feel the place is not well run/managed. There are multiple Llewellyn's in the STL area - I suggest if you want to go there, you choose another location.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We came here due to a recommendation from a soccer parent, we was playing at vetta, which is close by. We had the homemade chips and cheese, chicken tenders with sweet potato fries, cheeseburger with skinny fries, turkey melt with tater tots. The food was okay, the homemade chips were outstanding. The service we received from Heather was excellent. The food took a long time to come out, except the kid's food, that is why only average rating.