Open today: 08:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Fantastic caverns

Great place to see , awesome tour guide Elizabeth she was so energetic , and great with the kids... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Mema P
via mobile
Cavern Surprise

I was hesitant to take this tour as I’ve seen a lot of caverns. I had the mindset, seen one cavern... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Kathy P
Ponchatoula
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Springfield
Reviews (1 403)
1 403 results
All reviews cave tour gift shop bring a jacket group picture great tour drive thru nice cave hour tour tram ride interesting history mobility issues year round little pricey duck unique experience all ages jeep
135 - 140 of 1 403 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We so enjoyed our visit to the cave. Our tour guide was awesome and we had the opportunity to buy a group photo at the end of the ride.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We arrived early and managed to secure the back of the jeep for our tour. It was especially great for our grandsons (2 & 4) first cave experience! They wanted to look for dinosaurs! Great for the entire family. Riding through makes it easier for those less mobile as well.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I'd never been to Fantastic Caverns, even though I lived near Springfield for some time as a kid. I wish I had. I always thought it was more tourist trap than valuable experience, but I was very wrong. This stop was absolutely worth it, and I'm glad I took the time to take my kids. The attraction is pricey, but it really was fun, interesting, and a perfect addition to our Midwest vacation. Our guide was incredibly knowledgeable, funny, and interesting throughout. The cave itself is beautiful, and the story of its discovery and exploration is a fun one. Don't wait to make this stop. Do it. You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience. Our tour guide was knowledgeable, and enthusiastic. Thanks Melissa! I would highly recommend and can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We went to the caverns this afternoon after spending the morning at the Wonders of Wildlife and museum & aquarium in Springfield Missouri where we did a lot of walking. So, having an attraction to go to without having to walk was perfect for us! It was something that we enjoyed. I would recommend it!