“Fun”

Fantastic Caverns
Ranked #7 of 98 things to do in Springfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the timeless beauty of Fantastic Caverns, one of the earth's rarest treasures. There are only four of its' kind in the entire world, and only one in North America. Here, you'll discover one of the world's most beautiful natural wonders; giant columns stretching from floor to ceiling, delicate soda straws glistening with minerals, tiny cave pearls hidden in crystal-clear water. And best of all, you'll see it close-up from the comfort of a Jeep-drawn tram!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fun experience. It's nice to rude through the caverns and see the various formations. The history was interesting to learn about as well, and they had some cool vehicles out front to take pictures on.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 292)
All reviews
"jeep"
in 183 reviews

26 - 30 of 1 292 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We so enjoyed our visit to the cave. Our tour guide was awesome and we had the opportunity to buy a group photo at the end of the ride.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived early and managed to secure the back of the jeep for our tour. It was especially great for our grandsons (2 & 4) first cave experience! They wanted to look for dinosaurs! Great for the entire family. Riding through makes it easier for those less mobile as well.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'd never been to Fantastic Caverns, even though I lived near Springfield for some time as a kid. I wish I had. I always thought it was more tourist trap than valuable experience, but I was very wrong. This stop was absolutely worth it, and I'm glad I took the time to take my kids. The attraction is pricey, but it really was fun, interesting, and a perfect addition to our Midwest vacation. Our guide was incredibly knowledgeable, funny, and interesting throughout. The cave itself is beautiful, and the story of its discovery and exploration is a fun one. Don't wait to make this stop. Do it. You'll be glad you did.