“Cashier did not return proper change, manager said she would call after cameras viewed, never did”
Review of KFC

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
KFC
Ranked #531 of 718 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My experience here was pretty awful. I don't eat out a lot because it isn't in the budget but decided to treat myself, get a lunch box and go picnic in the park for an event. I had just came from bank and all I had were 20s. GOt the 5 dollar box and handed over my money. The cashier said the price "out of 10" . I corrected her that no, it was out of 20. SHe clutched my money, didn't show it to me again or correct me, and continued on with ringing up. I thought she had acknowledged the amount. But she handed back my change and it was only for a 10. I asked, where is the rest? She insisted it was a 10 I asked to see a manager, It was lunch and she said they would have to review the cameras and would call me back after they had the chance to do so. I waited. ITs been over a week and she still didn't call. SO they stiffed me for the money. Never again paying cash. I will stick with debit card from now on for proof.
to top it off, the chicken was old and she didn't even give me the cup for my drink. I had to ask for it.
I understand some people come in and try to pull a scam by trying to say they gave more than they did. I can understand their reticence to believe customer over cashier. But I expected them to follow through on looking at the cameras and get back to me. I know what I had. I just feel this was incredibly bad customer service. It ruined my lunch for me and I ended up tossing the lunch as the whole experience made me sick. will never go back to this restaurant.
when a customer disputes the amount the cashier says they gave, the cashier needs to display the money to the customer so they can see it and not keep it clutched in their hand so it cant be seen. Possibly I made a mistake, I could have accepted that and apologized but I watched the money given to me at bank, and the cashier at restaurant acted like she didn't want me to see.
Management needs to follow up and take responsibility for promises they make to review and contact.
so ,thanks for nothing.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I had lunch here today with a co worker. So glad we came early as this place is very popular. Two minutes after we arrived at 11:15 am about 15 people came! The chicken strips were good without too much breading.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I found them while looking for a burger joint and to my surprise they had a buffet. A very nice young man greeted me and explained the program and I was eating a real meal in no time at all. The cost was about that of a burger-fry meal, maybe a bit more. But I went back for a little more. Nice. I will eat there again next time I'm In Town. Enjoy, I did!

Been to KFC? Share your experiences!