“Pork belly for the win!”
Review of Egg

Egg
Ranked #308 of 3 077 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I had the pork belly Benedict and it’s fantastic. Hard to find pork belly anywhere, and they do it up right. This isn’t an ihop, as it seem like some of the people were expecting. Delicious hashes, Benedict’s and the French toast that went by looked amazing. Poached eggs are perfectly cooked. Coffee is excellent also. They open at 9am in Sunday’s, and by 9:30am there is a wait. Great service and the owner is actually making sure you are happy, instead of just walking around asking you if everything is alright....If you want a delicious unique breakfast/brunch, its the best I have been to. What are you waiting for?

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Well... it is a different type of breakfast I’ll say that. It felt slightly awkward and almost newer. The menu is small and somewhat limited. I thought the pork belly breakfast was a bad choice for me. I should have went the for crepes. The pork was very thick and extremely “porky” with an odd Hollandaise. Maybe I’d recommend as a chef to slice the pork slices thinner and crisp them a Little more. Also add some sliced tomatoes to reach a $14 price tag. Seems a lot of money for what I received. The breakfast bill w my and my wife’s breakfast and 2 coffee was $44 and didn’t have a lesser option than 20% tip. How could I possibly be back? Consumer Beware.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

The reviews on the food sounded good so we decided to give it a try. I’m so glad we did. They don’t have an extensive menu but what they do, they do VERY well!! I like a place that knows what they wanna do and does it well.
We tried pork belly eggs Benedict which was very good. It came with the best fried potatoes we’ve ever had. If you like crispy 1/2” size cubed potatoes this is your place!
We also tried the Carnitas Sopa and it was even better and was gluten free! The pork was so tender. Great flavors all around for breakfast here.
Great lattes too!
We’re already looking forward to going back!

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We went to The Egg today for the first time and had a hearty, well-prepared breakfast my husband and step son had the Elranchero—fried eggs over beans with tortillas and pick de gallo and I had the special, fried eggs over fabulous grits, beef cheeks with a lovely green sauce. I also had a brunch cocktail, the Sufi bou spritz which was fresh and delicious! The staff was so Friend and gracious and my step son observed that the cost for such good food was half of what it would have cost in NYC.
I highly recommend this breakfast/lunch place.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

We visited at a very busy time and our server had some issues. We were waiting a very long time for our food, watching parties coming in after us getting served, and finally spoke to someone about it. It appears our order was never turned in. A manager came to us and admitted the fault being theirs and worked hard to make things right.
They provided us with something to tide us over until our entire order could be served and then did everything to provide a meal quickly.
I was concerned that haste would impact the meal but everything we ordered was great. I would be concerned returning that at peak times service may be slow but the environment and staff were nice so even though we had issues I would look forward to going back. We ordered everything from French toast, eggs benedict, to a simple eggs and sausage and all of them were very good..

1  Thank Stephen P